Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Cast Iron Cylinder Sleeves

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Cast Iron Cylinder Sleeves
Original Message   Feb 18, 2005 2:23 pm
What is the purpose of sleeving the bore of a new engine with cast iron? The ohv Snow King Tecumsehs still have the sleeve while according to my dealer the Briggs Snow Intek does not.

I am aware of sleeving being used to keep in service engines that have been bored to the point that the cylinder walls are too thin. Again,why on a new engine?

Marc 

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
Replies: 33 - 39 of 39Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Re: Cast Iron Cylinder Sleeves
Reply #33   Feb 21, 2005 6:05 pm
got ya...

snowshoveler ...thats me and my name is also chris ...not chris s thats another guy here .

he is much taller than me so you wont have any problem telling us apart.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #34   Feb 21, 2005 6:13 pm
I think I'm going to have to step over to Marshall's side of the street.  Maybe it really will be the year 2020 before we can actually get the correct information from the manufacturers.   

I think I'm going to start a new thread soon.  I want it to be called, "If you had to design a new OPE engine, what features should it have?"  I don't think that'll fit on a title. 

Richie
Walt

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -T. Roosevelt

Reply #35   Feb 21, 2005 6:40 pm
Richie,

I think OPE should have a high content of Titanium and Nitinol (memory metal = Titanium and Nickel alloy). It would be light weight and extremely strong. If you did wreck it, you could heat the Nitinol and it would reshape itself! (Great stuff).  No more bent augers.  We already know about Titanium and it's weight/strength.

I would also include a Uranium 235 full cell for Nuclear power.  With all of the snow you could cool the blower, supply the water for steam and / or melt the snow with the Uranium; as well as blow in your boxers because it would be very warm.  1 pellet from a Nuclear Power plant is equivalent to 1 ton of fossil fuel, hence clean as anything!  Greenpeace, eat your heart out. ( 1 cell could last quite some time). 

I would also make the power system swap with all my other OPE products.  Because of the light weight it would be easy to transfer from mower to blower etc.

I wouldn't need a headlight either  Green illumination included!!!

"Where's your thread"

Walt

Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #36   Feb 21, 2005 6:47 pm
Walt wrote:
Richie,

I think OPE should have a high content of Titanium and Nitinol (memory metal = Titanium and Nickel alloy). I wouldn't need a headlight either  Green illumination included!!!
"Where's your thread"

Walt,

I love it!  Yes, the memory metal is very cool, I've seen it demonstrated.  I got a kick out of the "green illumination lighting."  When I start the thread, I'll be sure to move this post over to it.   

This message was modified Feb 21, 2005 by Richie

Richie
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #37   Feb 21, 2005 6:52 pm
snowshoveler wrote:
got ya...

snowshoveler ...thats me and my name is also chris ...not chris s thats another guy here .

he is much taller than me so you wont have any problem telling us apart.

later chris

LOL.....I doubt that Chris......

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
robmints

Reply #38   Feb 21, 2005 7:01 pm
jubol wrote:
Hey Rob,

That was Snowshoveler with the Info!!

Are we all getting old??

Fred

Fred,
I'm young, smart, good looking, have a winning smile, good sense of humor, and rich.

Oops, wrong forum.

Chris who?
Walt

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -T. Roosevelt

Reply #39   Feb 21, 2005 7:04 pm
Thanks Richie,

I'm always willing to start a conversation.  (My wife just wonders if I know how to stop one!)

Walt

Replies: 33 - 39 of 39Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42