Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 824 Powershift

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
PACKO

Toro 824 Powershift
Original Message   Jan 23, 2019 12:51 pm
Anyone have one of these old units?  Mine works fine but the chute wants to self rotate while I am using it.  Any ideas what to do?
Replies: 6 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
PACKO

Re: Toro 824 Powershift
Reply #6   Jan 30, 2019 11:39 am
Bungee cord is worth a try!  This machine is old but its a commercial blower.  It has a gearbox and the auger housing has removable end plates.  The cool thing is the "Powershift"  the rear wheels can pivot rear ward which makes the front end very heavy for end of driveway.  Would be crazy expensive to repair.  What photo program do you use for posting?
jtclays

Reply #7   Feb 1, 2019 12:35 pm
I just have 2 tabs open, here and where ever I can find the pics on the net.  I used to use photobucket until they tried to steal everyones pics and charge you (after they deleted all your internet pics previously posted).  Some sites you can attach your own pictures from your computers picture files. 
Usually you can find schematics or "here's what I'm talking about" type pics on a search.  Right click on the pic you want and select "copy image location"  the mouse keeps it in itself.  Go back to your text area of your post and left click the 3rd icon from the right (it's supposed to be a landscape scene of a mountain, but it looks like the back of an envelope to me).  That will have a pop up url box, right click inside the blank and select "paste", it enters the posting the area.  Those old Toro's are very over engineered heavy weight workhorses for sure.

PACKO

Reply #8   Feb 1, 2019 1:59 pm
I would still need a photo sharing program to post my own pictures.
This message was modified Feb 2, 2019 by PACKO
Replies: 6 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42