Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 3650 Rotors Still Move When Disengaging Handlebar

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Chewy

Toro 3650 Rotors Still Move When Disengaging Handlebar
Original Message   Nov 11, 2018 12:14 pm
I purchased a used Toro 350 a week ago & when I got it home I noticed the rotors continue to rotate when I release the handle.  The weird thing is that when I pull the handle the engine seems to bog down so it seems pulling the handlebar is doing something.  Any ideas where to start?  The cable does seem very loose.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
jtclays

Re: Toro 3650 Rotors Still Move When Disengaging Handlebar
Reply #1   Nov 11, 2018 4:06 pm
You'll need to pop off the side cover and look in there.  I'd suspect either the previous owner put a belt too small on or rigged the idler tension pulley.  The cable should be not tight, but not slack either.
Chewy

Reply #2   Nov 12, 2018 8:01 am
Thank you, I'll pull the side off later today & see if I can figure out what's going on.
jtclays

Reply #3   Nov 12, 2018 4:56 pm
There's usually a decal on the inside showing the routing.  If it hasn't been painted over or worn away it should show easily the correct routing.  I've seen people route the belt under the little roller/bumper that flops back and bumps the brake when the handle is released.  If that's the case you would see your symptoms because the belt is getting constant tension AND the idler can't get back out of the way to give your bale cable correct slack.  The brake won't get activated either.  SPRAY  all the side cover bolts An hour or so before you work on it with PB blaster or similar, especially the little one down near the bottom.  Those little buggers love to rust up and snap off.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42