Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > how to i remove chute deflector cable from bracket?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mtbmike

how to i remove chute deflector cable from bracket?
Original Message   Feb 13, 2017 10:52 am
simplicity pro p1524e. dflector cable seemed frozen, but now is somehow jammed. i want to remove to replace. can't figure out how to detach plastic housing from bracket, please see pic http://imgur.com/BPO2cqQ.jpg it's the end to the right , the black housing somehow is attached to the metal bracket on the machine. does this just pull out?
This message was modified Feb 13, 2017 by mtbmike
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
RIT333

Re: how to i remove chute deflector cable from bracket?
Reply #1   Feb 17, 2017 8:22 am
You have to either pinch the two tabs by the end with the x-hook connector, or remove a cotterpin, or something that is holding the round connector at the control panel by your waist when you are standing behind it.  Additional photos at both of those locations could help.

There may be suggestions on Youtube.
mtbmike

Reply #2   Feb 20, 2017 9:17 am
thank you. i got it out yesterday, there were 2 tabs to squeeze like you said! all fixed.
RIT333

Reply #3   Feb 23, 2017 6:57 pm
Sorry - meant Z-hook end, but you figured it out anyways. 
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42