Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens drive does not engage

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bozman

Ariens drive does not engage
Original Message   Feb 7, 2015 7:40 am
Ariens 1336 Model: 924107 I believe that my friction plate is adjusted correctly as when it work it works well in all forward and reverse gears. Problem is that after I initially start the machine I can not engage any gears. It seems as if the activating shaft is not moving the drive plate into contact w/ the friction wheel. After the initial startup and I'm guessing things warm up the drive plate will move to engage w/ the friction wheel. I'm not clear on what i should look at next. Should I clean and lube something? Help?
Replies: 5 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
bozman

Re: Ariens drive does not engage
Reply #5   Feb 9, 2015 7:53 am
FYI Hydro 36 has been returned. After 1/2 hour of work the drive belt dropped and trashed the fan on the hydro trans. I brought it back up to the shop for repair. The dealer was not impressed w/ Ariens quality these days. Said he has seen lots of issues due to factory mess ups. Mine was a missing bolt on a major bracket supporting the hydro. He was very cooperative an let me swap out for a new Honda 1332 w/ tracks. I am going to log some time on that today as it is still snowing. Really appreciative of the dealer!
Replies: 5 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42