Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Who else is getting pounded?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Who else is getting pounded?
Original Message   Feb 10, 2005 7:09 pm
I just got a note from Chris_S, he has been without power and having a tough time removing the snow, even with the Honda, he says. He said it was wet and heavy and reminded him of throwing rubbery silly putty, if you can imagine whatever that would be like.
Replies: 8 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
18Degrees

Re: Who else is getting pounded?
Reply #8   Feb 10, 2005 9:46 pm
ChrisS wrote:
Make sure your snowblower has a light!!!!

C

Chris, did you put a light on your Honda?  I really like the one a put on mine.             18 degrees

18 Degree driveway - 928 Honda track drive - Fertilizer spreader for dispensing salt
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #9   Feb 10, 2005 9:52 pm
Chris,

See if you can get a few photos for us.  That must be terrible without power.  Hopefully your generator is up to the task.  I seem to recall you may have mentioned you have one. 

Richie
MountainMan

Overpowered is Usually Adequate

Reply #10   Feb 10, 2005 10:37 pm
Hey Chris, I know im in CT and your in NH, But ive got two 3K units, the Honda and a Coleman. Dont want frozen pipes ya know....

BTW, With the new Forum, I dont have your website anymore. Love to see some Pics from the Storm...

This message was modified Feb 10, 2005 by MountainMan

Ariens 1128PRO- Honda Generator_ Husky 480-257 Jonsered 2050Turbo- Shindiawa T2500 SCAG Mower -little wonder blower-Sears track blower-Coleman Generator- Bombadier ATV-Stihl HS-45 Etc-Etc-Etc
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #11   Feb 11, 2005 12:36 am
I know they had riding mowers a while back, and I think still do.  I don't remember exactly what mowers had them, I think John Deere did.  Anyway, they had a power inverter where you could plug your hedge trimmers into your lawn tractor.  I guess about now Chris is wanting that feature on his snowthrower.  We don't have many power outages here in PA.  Only when a severe storm comes along in the summer.  It hasn't happened much in the winter though.  Go get a generator, maybe look into buying a propane system.     

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Majorxlr8n

Reply #12   Feb 11, 2005 1:42 am
Good Luck Chris! I hope power is restored quickly - stay warm!

Bet you'll be gen-set shopping soon...

Marty

This message was modified Feb 12, 2005 by Majorxlr8n

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #13   Feb 11, 2005 9:32 am
Thanks for the kind thoughts guys.

Power is back, unfortunately we do not have a generator, we have always wanted one and will get one in the future when finances allow but that won't be for a few years and getting an electrician around here is impossible also.

The temp dropped to 19 so the snow has frozen, I was out again today clearing the EOD and a quick path to the garage.

C

This message was modified Feb 11, 2005 by ChrisS

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
nibbler

Reply #14   Feb 11, 2005 7:02 pm
It might be worthwhile getting something small which can run just your furnace. Getting it running for a while every day can save the pipes and keep the place somewhat warm.
Dave

Craftsman 88799

Reply #15   Feb 11, 2005 7:13 pm
Chris, I'm glad that you have power again. Those snow and ice storms can cause real havoc with the power lines. And it Murphy's law... if you buy a generator, you will never need it. Good luck
whitedog

cry once when you buy it, not every time you use it!

Reply #16   Feb 12, 2005 4:44 pm
Dave wrote:
Chris, I'm glad that you have power again. Those snow and ice storms can cause real havoc with the power lines. And it Murphy's law... if you buy a generator, you will never need it. Good luck

aint that the truth. spent about 4 grand in 2003 for a gen set because of 6 power outages in the 1st 6 mo's in the new house. i have used it twice in the 15 mo's since i put it in for a total of about 3 hours.

ope: ariens 8524, winco 8kw - b/s vanguard v twin, little giant 5 hp b/s, stihl br-650

the difference between smart and stupid is stupid knows no bounds

snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #17   Feb 12, 2005 5:42 pm
we sell that very same gen set and it is the best there is ...well done.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 8 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42