Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Engine oil turned to coffee with cream.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Paul7

Engine oil turned to coffee with cream.
Original Message   Nov 17, 2014 9:50 am
That's the only way I can describe the way it looks. It's with my Little Wonder Leaf Blower with a 10hp Intex engine. I've seen this before but on a lawn tractor with an liquid cooled engine that had coolent leak into the engine but never on an air cooled engine. I did leave the blower outside (no choice during a remodeling job). I did cover the engine with an upside down plastic storage bin but there were times when it blew off and I didn't notice for a few days so it did get rained on. Could rainwater get into my engine. I changed the oil so hopefully it didn't do any damage.
Replies: 5 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
MN_Runner

Re: Engine oil turned to coffee with cream.
Reply #5   Nov 18, 2014 10:24 pm
I would replace the spark plug after the second drain and fill.
Loblolly77

Reply #6   Nov 19, 2014 9:51 am
Howdy-

My guess is the rainwater entered through the air filter>>to the crankcase vent fitting on the filter housing>>throught the vent tube into the crankcase. Water can get by the one way valve, if there is one in the vent. Also replace your spark plug.

Paul7

Reply #7   Nov 19, 2014 11:07 pm
Thanks for the replies. I changed the oil, ran it for a few moments just to warm up the oil, then changed it again. Seems fine. I'll pick up a new spark plug tomorrow.
sibbs

Reply #8   Dec 2, 2014 6:44 pm
I've had a similar problem when I submarined an atv. I changed the oil a few times and still had the milky residue. A mechanic I knew mentioned filling the crank case with diesel and draining it and then give it one more oil change. That did it. The diesel bonded better with the water so it took it all out.
carlb

Reply #9   Dec 3, 2014 6:30 am
sibbs wrote:
I've had a similar problem when I submarined an atv. I changed the oil a few times and still had the milky residue. A mechanic I knew mentioned filling the crank case with diesel and draining it and then give it one more oil change. That did it. The diesel bonded better with the water so it took it all out.

Be sure not to start or try to start the engine with the crankcase full of diesel. 
Replies: 5 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42