Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Shipping a honda snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikiewest

Shipping a honda snowblower
Original Message   Mar 7, 2014 8:48 pm
Would a honda dealer in Canada ship a hs622 to me in New York?Also what would be a ballpark figure to ship it to me?
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
GtWtNorth

https://t.me/pump_upp

Re: Shipping a honda snowblower
Reply #1   Mar 11, 2014 1:28 pm
mikie, Out of curiousity, I spoke to a dealer here in Montreal (Excel Honda 514-342-5339 x2220) and he said no problem. Payment would have to be by certified cheque or money order, no credit cards over the phone. They have an HSS622TC they are asking $1969 + tax 15% or an HSS622TCS for $2196 + tax. No idea what the cost would be to ship, he would have to get quotes plus you'de have to pay for customs clearance.

Cheers

https://t.me/pump_upp
MN_Runner

Reply #2   Mar 13, 2014 7:57 am
GtWtNorth wrote:
mikie, Out of curiousity, I spoke to a dealer here in Montreal (Excel Honda 514-342-5339 x2220) and he said no problem. Payment would have to be by certified cheque or money order, no credit cards over the phone. They have an HSS622TC they are asking $1969 + tax 15% or an HSS622TCS for $2196 + tax. No idea what the cost would be to ship, he would have to get quotes plus you'de have to pay for customs clearance.

Cheers

Why would you not buy a HS724TA for that money? 200CC is a bit underpowered but it works fine as long as you go slow. It is light and mobile. I would buy a HS724TA instead of HS622TC. The shipping will be at least $200-300 USD. My local Honda dealers are selling 724TA for $2100-2200.
robertcoats

Reply #3   Mar 13, 2014 10:07 am
Honda Canada and American Honda have different and independent warranty, dealer agreement and parts support systems, and as far as warranty goes, they do no reciprocate warranty claims. So, if you took your HS622 (Canada model) to an American Honda dealer for warranty repairs/service, the American Honda dealer would have no way to file for warranty charges. American Honda's warranty system requires a USA-spec VIN (serial number) to process a claim, and a Canadian VIN would never get through the system. There can be a similar situation with parts; American Honda dealers can get "some" non-USA parts, but not all. It would be a royal PIA to have to purchase, ship and pay duties/fees/etc. to obtain service parts from a Canadian Honda dealer.

As nice as the Honda Canada HS622 machine is, there is some risk in trying to get parts/service/support for it from American Honda dealer.

-Robert@Honda
Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding is my opinion alone.
mikiewest

Reply #4   Mar 14, 2014 6:28 am
Thanks for the info.I called Honda and they said the 622 is probably not sold in the US due to the fact that it doesn't meet emission standards.So would I have problems having it clear customs?The only reason I wanted a 622 is so my wife can use it to go up and down steps to a walkway.I figured it's also easier to turn than a 724.If I bought a used 622 on craigslist, would I still have a problem getting parts for it?
This message was modified Mar 14, 2014 by mikiewest
robertcoats

Reply #5   Mar 18, 2014 9:21 am
mikiewest wrote:
Thanks for the info.I called Honda and they said the 622 is probably not sold in the US due to the fact that it doesn't meet emission standards.So would I have problems having it clear customs?The only reason I wanted a 622 is so my wife can use it to go up and down steps to a walkway.I figured it's also easier to turn than a 724.If I bought a used 622 on craigslist, would I still have a problem getting parts for it?

The 622 isn't sold in the USA for a number of reasons, mostly cost. The engine emissions is probably not the main reason.

Not sure if US Customs cares about emissions certifications on power equipment. I doubt this would be an issue, but that's just a guess. A Honda Canada dealer with experience in exporting units to the USA would be the best resource for these questions.

American Honda dealers don't have access to parts catalogs for Canada-market products, nor do American Honda Parts Warehouses stock 100% of Canada-market products. To ensure you get the absolute correct parts, purchase from a Honda Canada dealer. Trying to buy Canada-spec parts from a USA dealer will be a brick wall.

You may want to avoid all the above issues and reconsider a 724; it's a very nice machine, and has been in production a long time. Both track and wheel models are sold in the USA (and, of course, have complete parts, service and warranty support). Probably the nicest perk is the hydrostatic transmission on the 724.

-Robert@Honda
Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding is my opinion alone.
Moderator Denis

Reply #6   Mar 26, 2014 7:07 am
Snowblower Canada to USA is duty free, you will only pay shipping and insurance. Fedex has the best conveniance shipping cost. Good Luck http://www.dutycalculator.com/

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42