Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > can't pull rope

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mtbmike

can't pull rope
Original Message   Feb 8, 2014 4:27 pm
my simplicity pro was running great last week, and now won't start. i cannot pull the starter rope unless i remove the spark plug. i took apart the carb bowl, removed the float and needle and sprayed with carb cleaner, re-assembled, no better. i squirted some gas in the cylinder, replaced the plug, no difference. it has electric start, i have popped the GFCI several times at the outlet. not sure what to do next!
This message was modified Feb 17, 2014 by a moderator
Replies: 29 - 32 of 32Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mtbmike

Re: can't pull rope (TOP TOPIC)
Reply #29   Feb 11, 2014 4:41 pm
ah, here's a new ominous clue. the exhaust valve is question, i can only depress about 1/2 inch and it hits deadstop. the other valve will go at least twice as far. turning the motor over doesn't seem to affect this.
mtbmike

Reply #30   Feb 13, 2014 5:26 pm
penetrating oil and a whack from a small hammer and i'm back in business! however it won't continue to run over a minute. i'm sure i messed up the carb when i dissassembled that earlier.

there is no gasket between the bowl and the carb, i ripped that and didn't replace it. no leaks, tho.

mtbmike

Reply #31   Feb 13, 2014 8:29 pm
Took the bowl off the carb, removed the float and needle, and for the first time I pulled the next piece out, a plastic disk like thing, blasted it good with carb cleaner, and I'm back in business. Just did 2 driveways, a foot of heavy snow, ran good. Thanks for the help! I'm a Happy boy.
niper99

Reply #32   Feb 13, 2014 10:29 pm
mtbmike wrote:
Took the bowl off the carb, removed the float and needle, and for the first time I pulled the next piece out, a plastic disk like thing, blasted it good with carb cleaner, and I'm back in business. Just did 2 driveways, a foot of heavy snow, ran good. Thanks for the help! I'm a Happy boy.

Nice Work!!!... I would recommend u get a gasket for the carb bowl lol..
Replies: 29 - 32 of 32Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42