Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Do you wait till it stop snowing

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mobiledynamics

Do you wait till it stop snowing
Original Message   Jan 21, 2014 4:44 pm
Between the wind - snow drifts, I prefer to wait till it's done snowing till I go out.....

However, my neighbor is antsy. Probably goes out every hr or so. He doe's his, then comes over and does mine, etc.

I'm led into a *followup* by going out a hr later, and doing mine and then his......

I wish he would follow my lead and just wait it out.
The wind just tends to level it much faster than till it's all nice and settled IMO

I might go out earlier if I don't want the driveway snow compacted with the home cars coming/going.

This message was modified Jan 21, 2014 by mobiledynamics
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Shryp

Re: Do you wait till it stop snowing
Reply #1   Jan 21, 2014 5:19 pm
I wait. On the other hand, I have a machine capable of dealing with whatever is out there.
carlb

Reply #2   Jan 21, 2014 6:59 pm
I wait as well as my machine prefers 12" to 6" at  a time to eat.
PACKO

Reply #3   Jan 21, 2014 9:50 pm
I say do what ever makes you happy.  I would rather be outside then sitting inside on my rear end.
GtWtNorth

https://t.me/pump_upp

Reply #4   Jan 22, 2014 7:15 am
Kind of depends on many things:
- does any one need to go out
- how much snow has fallen
- is there a lot of drifting
- what's the forecast for total snowfall
- how much longer is it supposed to snow
- is the temperature supposed to go up
- might it turn to rain
- what time of day it is
- has the plow gone by
- what's the temperature outside
- do I feel like going out to play (always)

Cheers
Paul

https://t.me/pump_upp
aa335

Reply #5   Jan 25, 2014 2:55 am
GtWtNorth wrote:
Kind of depends on many things:
- does any one need to go out
- how much snow has fallen
- is there a lot of drifting
- what's the forecast for total snowfall
- how much longer is it supposed to snow
- is the temperature supposed to go up
- might it turn to rain
- what time of day it is
- has the plow gone by
- what's the temperature outside
- do I feel like going out to play (always)

Cheers
Paul

Same here.  Although I tend to go out before it stops just because I like to get some exercise and fun with the smaller snowblower.
Santaclause

Reply #6   Feb 1, 2014 4:42 pm
Same here the 930 cub dont ussually balk at too much but lots of variables if it is wet heavy stuff I tend to keep it knocked down for obvious reasons. If they forcast a foot or more I will go out and knock it down I did the wait it out one storm and woke up to a wall of snow 30 inches plus of nice lake effect and the end of the driveway was well it took me 3-4 hours to get it opened up as I have a wide driveway I said after that if they predict accumulation of 15-24 I go out before bed and knock it down in the main part and EOD mailbox area. That is just how I do things if im not working sometimes I am gone and come home to it and well the briggs gets to do some heavy bbreathing for awhile! !!!
borat

Reply #7   Feb 3, 2014 9:50 am
I generally wait it out providing no one is coming home and needs the driveway cleared to make the hill.   The very odd exception is in a prolonged storm dumping huge amounts of snow.  In those rare instances, I'll knock the snow down when it gets over a foot high.  One thing for sure, I'm not getting out of bed to do it! 

Snow has been only a fleeting memory for me the last month or so.  Been hunkered down here in Florida since early January.  Just as well, winter back home has been record breaking cold since early December.  It will probably be the longest continuous stretch of very cold temperatures in decades.  As much as I enjoy winter, when the wind makes it extremely uncomfortable and often dangerous, there's no joy in that.   Weather here has also been affected by the "polar vortex".   We had more than a few cold days in the high 30s to mid 40s.  Still a far cry from -38.8C without the wind and -53C with it.   Heading back north in a few days but the weather there isn't quite as extreme now.  Still going to be colder than normal but not as sever as December and January.
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42