Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro dealer refuses service on my CCR3650

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
trouts2

Toro dealer refuses service on my CCR3650
Original Message   Jan 4, 2013 9:59 am

In Memoriam:

The CCR3650 is survived by two Powerlite younger brothers and several Murray friends.  Originally from Toro,  3650 moved to Boston where it enjoyed years of contented clearing.  Over the last few years illness struck and parts stiffened so 3650 moved to it’s current location in Marlboro, Mass, where this week he passed peacefully on the bench.    

The local Toro dealer was called to schedule a decent service for 3650.  It wouldn’t have had to have been anything elaborate; a few flowers, black car or even a black pickup would have been ok but he heartlessly refused.   A neighbor has offered to lead the procession with his black SUV which is greatly appreciated.   

There is no schedule for viewing.  The procession will start from the house in Marlboro at 10:00am and final close casket service at the plot.   NM_Runner has graciously offered to lay taps.  All are welcome.   Donations in place of flowers should be sent to the Old Mechanics Home in Worcester.

New Home:

Bore gouged by a rod needle that made it's way up into the head eventually locking the piston in place.

The bolts holding on the rod cap in place were very loose so the pins probably blown through a port up into the head.  The piston lower skirt is damaged and the bore walls.  The piston had to be hammered out so the bore is gone and the block a total.   The engine was locked up when I bought it so seemed like a rod break or possibly just heat stuck from low or no oil.  On getting it home the pull cord worked and after given it some gas it ran fine.  That was east year and I used it for a few minutes in snow and it was fine.  Over the off season I started it and ran it several times.  This year a few days before the first snow I started it and it froze up solid.  I figured it was a broken and jammed rod but unfortunately a total. The rest of the machine is nice shape so I'll have to see what can be planted in there.  Never saw this type of damage before.but probably common for a two stroke.

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42