Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > simplicity 755 snow leaks fuel out primer bulb

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
roncampbell1

simplicity 755 snow leaks fuel out primer bulb
Original Message   Dec 27, 2012 2:39 pm
Why would fuel spray and leak out the primer bulb? it was replaced last year or the year before at a local shop
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
MN_Runner

Re: simplicity 755 snow leaks fuel out primer bulb
Reply #1   Dec 27, 2012 3:16 pm
Either it was not fixed or replaced it with another defective one. Maybe improper install?
trouts2

Re: simplicity 755 snow leaks fuel out primer bulb
Reply #2   Dec 27, 2012 5:47 pm
   From a back pressure of some sort from a weirdness event.  That's never happened to me due to that.

But, it has happened that gas has sprayed out when the bulb was full, then pushed for prime and after that leaked out.  Some machines will do that if the machine had been tipped (usually back) far enough to get the bulb below the level of the carb and/or gas tank.   The gas can stay there for a month and come out later.  Most have a small hole in the center of the primer bulb to let the bulb get air to return to it's air filled state.  Those holes are not always cleanly stamped out and sometimes cover over.  That would also prevent a filled bulb from leaking.  Anyway that happened to me and I was very confused about it until I realize that the machine had been tipped back earlier and how the bulb filled.  It's happened a few times over the years due to my storage of machines with tarps that get water or snow buildup causing them to fall back on their handles. 

I would guess that the leak happened to you and continued for a very short while and involved about an ounce or two of gas and after that the primer stopped leaking. 
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42