Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How far in advance can I prepare chocolate for a chocolate fountain?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Hammond

How far in advance can I prepare chocolate for a chocolate fountain?
Original Message   Dec 26, 2012 1:47 am

I'm having a chocolate fountain for my grad and was wondering how far in advance I can make the chocolate. Because there is a banquet that starts at 4:30 and then we go to the ceremony, so we won't be home til nine. So i was hoping to prepare the chocolate in the afternoon.

[url=http://www.schokomann.com]grosser Schokobrunnen[/url]

This message was modified Jan 5, 2013 by Hammond
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
trouts2

Re: How far in advance can I prepare chocolate for a chocolate fountain?
Reply #1   Dec 26, 2012 7:25 am
>>How far in advance can I prepare chocolate for a chocolate fountain?

Depends on the prep tools, single stage or dual stage.   Running melted chocolate into a single stage with it's higher RPM will make a light and fluffy foundation.  The slower fan speeds of the dual stage will produce a heaver founation which many prefer.   For lighter milky chocolate I stick with the dual stage.   For dark chocolate which is usually thicker the single stage as it makes the foundation easier to shape and mold for decoration.  For scraping the output off the side of the garage I use a flexible rubber spatula as my garage has shingles.   For a vinal sided garage I'd use a stiffer plastic spatula and make long runs along the length of the siding into a bowl.  The setup time for both is about 3 hours.  Cleanup is no problem.  Just leave the machine outside and the neighborhood animals will come by and clean up. 
Snowmann

Reply #2   Dec 26, 2012 9:16 am
+1
aa335

Reply #3   Dec 26, 2012 11:03 am
I recommend outsourcing the task to the neighbor's kids.  He's been saving all year long for the latest Wii game console.  That will help with the obesity since he will have to work hard to earn it. 

Dora and Diego videos will only go so far to gets the kids moving while parked in front of the TV.  When they get older, they should really do some real work!
Bill_H

Reply #4   Dec 26, 2012 11:36 am
trouts2 wrote:

For scraping the output off the side of the garage I use a flexible rubber spatula as my garage has shingles.  

Shingles can be very painful, my uncle had shingles once and I wouldn't want to put my garage through that.

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
Bill_H

Reply #5   Dec 26, 2012 11:36 am
trouts2 wrote:

For scraping the output off the side of the garage I use a flexible rubber spatula as my garage has shingles.  

Shingles can be very painful, my uncle had shingles once and I wouldn't want to put my garage through that.

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
MN_Runner

Reply #6   Dec 26, 2012 1:59 pm
Hammond wrote:

I'm having a chocolate fountain for my grad and was wondering how far in advance I can make the chocolate. Because there is a banquet that starts at 4:30 and then we go to the ceremony, so we won't be home til nine. So i was hoping to prepare the chocolate in the afternoon.

I thought this person was taking about dog's chocolate.  A great way to launch and spread some gifts to your neighbors and fertilize their lawns at the same. I just wonder how well these chocolates will come out.  Borat, where is the video?
This message was modified Dec 26, 2012 by MN_Runner
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42