Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > No more Snow for us!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Steve_Cebu

No more Snow for us!
Original Message   Dec 4, 2012 6:55 pm
At the end of December my wife and I will be moving back to the Philippines.

So no more snow for us. My wife has enjoyed the time she spent using a snowblower here but in the winter at night over there it drops down to a chilly 78F.

It will likely be 4-5 years before we have to deal with snow again.

The Toro 1028 really has worked out very well for us for the years we have owned it.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
Replies: 3 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Steve_Cebu

Re: No more Snow for us!
Reply #3   Dec 4, 2012 9:32 pm
Yes, I have my old job back as an ESL teacher and my wife can easily get work over there.

We still have all of December to use the snowblower which will remain at my relatives house.

I always enjoy this forum once the snowy weather starts.  Well if it ever does snow in the Philippines I sure hope they sell Toro and Honda there.

From what I'm seeing we might be using the Toro a LOT before we leave.

This message was modified Dec 4, 2012 by Steve_Cebu

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
GtWtNorth

https://t.me/pump_upp

Reply #4   Dec 5, 2012 3:14 pm
Good luck on your move Steve, just make sure you move to high ground. You may be back here for other OPE advice sooner than you think (generators, water pumps etc). Seem like they had a spike in bad weather recently with widespread flooding, typhoons etc?

https://t.me/pump_upp
Bill_H

Reply #5   Dec 5, 2012 3:48 pm
Best of luck Steve! Stop back and send us some vids of the new place.

Let's hope you don't get any of those typhoons, if you do you might be missing the snow!

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
borat

Reply #6   Dec 5, 2012 4:44 pm
Steve might want to take the Toro with him to clear volcanic ash.  Better have the wind on your back if you do!  Might get a bit dusty.
Steve_Cebu

Reply #7   Dec 5, 2012 9:25 pm
Thanks everyone. I actually lived in the Philippines for 5 years. We got our share of typhoons but there are areas that get hit significantly less than others.

The volcano Mt. Pinatubo was before my time there but it did a job on Luzon and shut down the bases that we wanted to shut down anyway. I've seen a lot living there it's a place that actuually does have backup generators for big stores, hospitals and even bars and restaurants. The main problem with a generator in the Phils is that it MUST by law, be wired in BEFORE the meter!  This means you have to pay the electric company for the power you yourself generate. I can post some videos but they would likely be boring because it's just sunny weather 85-95F degrees all the time except during a storm.

coasteray

El Toro! 1028 LXE
Tecumseh 358cc
10hp

Reply #8   Dec 22, 2012 8:43 pm
Wishing you the best, Steve. I'll miss your videos on You Tube, that is, any new ones you might have. I'm glad to hear you're allowing your relatives to use your Toro. I have to say that your great love of your Toro was probably one reason I bought mine last year from a Craigslist ad. Best purchase I've had in a very long time. Thanks, and good luck. If you come back, would you come back to the Concord area? Hope you would, and may your driveway in that possible someday be a long one!
This message was modified Dec 22, 2012 by coasteray

El Toro! 1028 LXE - Tecumseh 358cc 10hp   Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
Replies: 3 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42