Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > SNAPPER SNOWBLOWERS ?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Coldfingers

SNAPPER SNOWBLOWERS ?
Original Message   Nov 19, 2012 5:49 pm
They are having a big sale on snapper snowblowers now, I think they have a few from last year. Anyway, does snapper make their own products or are they made now by someone else for them? They have pretty good prices on the "24" cut two stage models.
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
borat

Re: SNAPPER SNOWBLOWERS ?
Reply #1   Nov 19, 2012 6:41 pm
If I recall correctly, Snapper and Simplicy were bought out by Briggs and Stratton.  I can't say for certain but, I doubt the machines will be of the same excellent quality they were seven years ago. 
Summerwinds

Simplicity 924i, Toro 3650

Reply #2   Nov 19, 2012 9:18 pm
Snapper and Simplicity snowblowers are the same, just different paint and decals. They both use Briggs & Stratton motors. Both are quality brands.
Santaclause

Reply #3   Dec 31, 2012 6:53 am
I was looking on the website the other day and looks as though they are switching to a transmissiin instead of a rubber disk. They look to be a nice unit If I was to replace the cub I would have to consider a snapper!!!
Bill_H

Reply #4   Dec 31, 2012 11:10 pm
I read that and had to go look. Gear drive tranny! Very nice, that should last forever assuming they use steel gears.

But I can't see what they use for a clutch - whatever it is, I hope it's sealed - that's most of the trouble with rubber disks.

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
snowday

Reply #5   Feb 6, 2013 10:22 am

Briggs and Stratton were making the John Deere units as well, here is a link that shows them being identical

http://www.briggsandstrattonsnow.com/en/snow-blowers/briggs-and-stratton-bm1227se 

http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/products/equipment/snow_equipment/john_deere_snowthrowers/1028E_dual_stage/1028E_Dual_Stage.page?

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42