Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Buying 2012 HS928TAS left over from 2011?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
raysmd

Buying 2012 HS928TAS left over from 2011?
Original Message   Nov 3, 2012 7:11 pm
I'm about to order a HS928TAS and a dealer has some left over from last winter. Is there a difference between last years HS928TAS vs this years (2012)? Thanks
Replies: 11 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
borat

Re: Buying 2012 HS928TAS left over from 2011?
Reply #11   Nov 5, 2012 5:52 pm
raysmd wrote:
wow! The Canadian HS928TCD is $3,700 CAN$. That's a lot of money when compared to the USA which can be found for $2,500USD.

Yeah, it's common knowledge that when it comes to buying just about anything, we Canadians take it in the a$$ big time compared to the USA.  Our models may have a few  more bells and whistles but not so much as to substatiate the huge increase in price.   The "gouge factor" is one of the reasons I buy a lot of used stuff.   Another reason is that buying used also avoids paying 13% in sales tax. 

A good example is that a new, cheap, entry level, Chinese engined, Troy-Bilt SS machine sold at Canadian Tire retails for $550.00, add 13% and that's $621.00!!   I bought a used 2006 Murray SS machine with a very healthy 139cc Tecumseh two stroke engine for $30.00 - period.  Add the price of a piece of string to do the power-boost mod - $0 - and I have a machine that will likely blow the chute off of the Troy-Bilt.  Of course, there's the problem of availability.  You have to lay in wait for a used machine and pounce quickly when you see one.  If you don't have the time, you gots ta pay the gouger!

Replies: 11 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42