Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Cub Cadet 221 LHP single stage any good?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
slinger

Cub Cadet 221 LHP single stage any good?
Original Message   Oct 21, 2012 6:34 pm
I already have a 2 stage for the heavy stuff but most of my snow removal is done with my 8 year old Craftsman 4 cycle SS blower.  I have just replaced the auger paddles and some plastic parts and I'm going to give this machine (which still works quite well) to my son.  I see that Toro gets the best grades from most review sites, but I can't help but notice that on some you tube videos, this machine seems to have some trouble with the wet stuff.  I thought about the Cub Cadet because of it's 208cc motor and it's chute + deflector control joystick.  I know the motor is Chinese built, but is it made to higher Cub Cadet standards like some other brands' Chinese engines?  Is the build quality any better than all of the other MTD units?  Does the extra 40-50cc engine make it more powerful than the Toro?  Is the joystick chute control a major convenience?  It seems you can pick up the Cub for about $100 less than the top line Toro 621QZE to boot.  Anyone have any experience with this machine? 
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42