Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 924DLE..Whats its worth?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jaks51703

Ariens 924DLE..Whats its worth?
Original Message   Jul 31, 2012 7:28 am
Hello, just wondering any thoughts on how much a 2008 Ariens 924DLE snowblower is worth. This my own machine I bought new and used it maybe 12 times.. It is in great shape with only some scratching in the chute. MSRP when new was $1399... No need for it now as  I picked up a cheap quad with a plow.. Thanks
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
borat

Re: Ariens 924DLE..Whats its worth?
Reply #1   Jul 31, 2012 11:56 am
Keep the snowblower until you get a season or two of plowing under your belt. . 

I've been down the ATV-plow route.  It soon lost it's enamour.  No substitute for a good snow blower.
carlb

Reply #2   Jul 31, 2012 1:20 pm
I too have been down the snow plow route but using a garden tractor not an atv.  You will find it difficult at times to move large amounts of snow even with a 4x4 atv if the snow is deep.  Then you get to the point where you no longer have the room to push the snow as your driveway keeps getting narrower and narrower. 

I retired my plow and now use my 2 stage snow blower, If i had a very large area to do I would put a snow blower on my tractor and forget the plow.
Bill_H

Reply #3   Jul 31, 2012 8:40 pm
At 5 years old and in good shape I'd say a little under half the new cost. Wait till the beginning of winter and it'll go up a bit. But I strongly agree with Borat and and Carl - I also tried plowing and it was a real pain, especially in deep wet (heavy!!) snow. Try it a few times before you sell the blower.

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42