Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > snow snow ware is the snow

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bus708

snow snow ware is the snow
Original Message   Mar 13, 2012 8:18 pm
I could not enter the annual Snow blower fight this year. No snow. I thought this was winter. Today it was sunny and 75 degrees and my flowers are blooming. Who has all the snow?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
aa335

Re: snow snow ware is the snow
Reply #1   Mar 14, 2012 10:10 am
Some parts of Europe and Alaska got hammered pretty hard with all the snow.  I'm in the midwest and it's been very little snow this year.  I've only used the 2 stage snowblower once this year, just to make sure everything still works properly.  The other 3 snow clearing were with a single stage snowblower, the most was 5 inches of snow.

I think the cause might be that I bought new snow tires and picked up a Toro Powerlite this year.  I was dissappointed there wasn't more snow, but I do enjoy the unseasonably nice and warm weather lately.

The biggest dissapointment are from folks who just bought a new 2 stage snowblower and had not a chance to use it.  Especially someone who bought a brand new Ariens Pro 28 with that monster 420cc engine or the new Honda 1332TAS.
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Re: snow snow ware is the snow
Reply #2   Mar 15, 2012 9:01 am
Started snowing here in Fredericton, NB Canada, yesterday morning , snowed all day , all night and it is still snowing, but the snow is light and it has not been snowing very hard. We have about 8 inches

It is supposed to stop at noon today, maybe get 10 inches in all.   I am waiting for it to stop and the plow goes by,   before clearing the driveway and parking lot.   It will be the biggest storm this winter.

It stopped snowing at 10:30 AM,   about 10 inches.    Only thing,  the paper girl delivered the paper while it was snowing and I did not see it as she left it  in the driveway and it got snowed over. I was just

approaching the EOD  and I heard a strange sound , sort of like gravel in the snow.   I immediartely released the auger  clutch and stopped the engine and blower.    I went around front and discovered the paper  in the auger  .

it had not yet gone to the impeller.  So I pulled it out and all was well.  If I had not heard the paper in the auger, and not stopped ,it would have been a real chore if it had got to the impeller and might have done some damage to the blower .

This message was modified Mar 17, 2012 by royster

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42