Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Stanley Snowblower???

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
FrankMA

Stanley Snowblower???
Original Message   Feb 19, 2012 5:31 pm
Who do you think makes this one??? Never heard of a "Stanley" snowblower before. I saw this on my local CL just now - the ad posted by the seller is from the Sears website. Probably a B/S model with black and yellow "Stanley" colors...

Stanley 36 In. Commercial 420 cc Electric Start 2-Stage Gas Snow Blower $ 1,899.99

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
Replies: 10 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
aa335

Re: Stanley Snowblower???
Reply #10   Feb 22, 2012 1:04 pm
Bill_H wrote:
"How many domestic brand can make this claim?" F-150. Still outsells it, too.

Hmm...don't know the exact number, but the Toyota Corolla might take away that outsell title.

I like the F-150, now comes with turbo charged engine.    But I don't mind the naturally aspirated V8 on the Raptor either.

OK, the SVT Lightning were supercharged, but that was a specialty vehicle.  It was specially made for the road, not offroad.     Can' it tow?  Don't know.
This message was modified Feb 22, 2012 by aa335
aa335

Reply #11   Feb 22, 2012 1:12 pm
RedOctobyr wrote:
But it feels a bit like Toyota renaming the Matrix, Corolla, Camry, Avalon into the C-100, C-200, C-300, and C-400, and then saying that the C-series is the best-selling car on the market. Well, sure, if you group it like that....

I'm not trying to knock Ford or anything like that. It's not directed at anyone here, the brand, the type of vehicle, or the country of origin. It's more a comment on marketing.

Sales figures sometimes are fudged with include fleet sales, which were predominantly domestic brands, until now.
longboat

Reply #12   Mar 8, 2012 9:56 am
Seems I read somewhere that if you combined GMC and Chevrolet, then there were years that that combination outsold Ford, so it's all a numbers game.   Personally, I think Ford currently builds a slightly better truck than Chevy, but the Dodge is right up there too (which should pi** off plenty of people  ).  I think it would be difficult to buy a "bad" truck these days.  It will likely boil down to local dealer support and relationships, more than anything.

OTOH, no truck seems perfect.  Ford has had issues with their diesel engines, Chevy caught up late in the game with their Duramax (which is a good engine, but a bit touchy), and Dodge has the best diesel, but had problems with their trannys (apparently fixed now).  If money were no object, I'd prolly get a F-450/550, as I am told those can be had with the $#%*mins engine and Allison tranny - that would be an absolutely bulletproof combination.  Since money is an object and my garage space is limited, my sights are set on a Tacoma...

longboat

Reply #13   Mar 8, 2012 9:59 am
longboat wrote:
...If money were no object, I'd prolly get a F-450/550, as I am told those can be had with the $#%*mins engine and Allison tranny...

LOL - that is funny!  The censors didn't like the name of that great diesel engine that is used in the Dodge!!!
aa335

Reply #14   Mar 8, 2012 10:16 am
longboat wrote:
LOL - that is funny!  The censors didn't like the name of that great diesel engine that is used in the Dodge!!!

Yes, the censor is automatic.  Just like any computer program, it is only as smart as the programmer, no more.  It doesn't know if you're talking about $#%*mins diesel engines, $#%*ulonimbus clouds, or magna $#%* laude.  See what I mean?  Anything with "c u m" next to each other will get censored.
This message was modified Mar 8, 2012 by aa335
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Reply #15   Mar 8, 2012 6:00 pm
The last  8 replies  do not refer to the Stanley snowblower,   Was that not the original subject of discussion.?

Dr_Woof

Don't blow into the wind, and don't eat yellow snow. WOOF!

Reply #16   Mar 8, 2012 9:43 pm
well....Stanley makes screwdrivers - same color too!
This message was modified Mar 8, 2012 by Dr_Woof

Bill_H

Reply #17   Mar 8, 2012 9:54 pm
Dr_Woof wrote:
well....Stanley makes screwdrivers - same color too!

Now I got it, you can screw but you can't $#%*!

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
aa335

Reply #18   Mar 9, 2012 11:04 am
Bill_H wrote:
Now I got it, you can screw but you can't $#%*!

That's what she said!
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Reply #19   Mar 9, 2012 1:53 pm
You  need to be able to screw to replace those screws that keep falling out of your Toro snowblower

Replies: 10 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42