Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Troybilt Horse 3

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
friiy

Troybilt Horse 3
Original Message   Feb 18, 2012 9:02 pm
I just bought a electric start, HH60 Troybilt off Craigslist... I believe it is a Horse 3, Anybody know if it has another model number rather than "Horse 3"? Friiy
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
jrtrebor

Re: Troybilt Horse 3
Reply #1   Feb 18, 2012 9:40 pm
Is it a snowblower?  There should be a tag somewhere that would have the model # on it.  But them again if it's an older machine the tag may be gone or unreadable.
If it is a snowblower how wide is the bucket?  2 stage or single stage?
Shryp

Reply #2   Feb 19, 2012 12:32 am
Troybilt Horse is a rototiller.  Beyond that I am of no help.
trouts2

Reply #3   Feb 19, 2012 8:25 am

Not sure but think your asking about the starter part number.

The HH60 is a was a cast iron 6hp and should have a number on it but you know that.

Not sure if the Horse had a factory number besides the marketing designation but

Below is an exploded view of a Horse III from 1983:

Troy-Bilt HORSE III 6HP ROTO TILLER (S/N 640000-855638)

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=Troy-Bilt&mn=HORSE+III+6HP+ROTO+TILLER+

Looks like they came with hand pull start or a 12 volt battery start.  The 12 volt starter for a HH60 is Tecumseh 35765A.

A 120 volt starter for an HH60 is 33328D and there other starter numbers that will mount to it also so other possible numbers are versions 33328, A B & C.

Are you packing in the airplanes and taking up gardening?

friiy

Reply #4   Feb 21, 2012 3:11 pm
No, not giving up on planes.... I found it on Craig's list for $40.... After growing up with a Horse, I could not pass it up. I had to put 2 tubes in it and clean "The green" from the carb bowl. I have 2 small cracks in the fan cover I will stop drill and weld. The guy that was selling the tiller listed it as "seized motor", when I saw it in his yard I noticed it was stuck in gear and the rewind was unable to pull. After some penetrating oil, the tiller disengaged, and pulled fine. I have started it once, seems good to go. ----- Friiy
This message was modified Feb 21, 2012 by friiy
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42