Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Where is the snow??

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
stresst

Where is the snow??
Original Message   Feb 9, 2012 8:52 pm
I dont know if I am happy or mad that we havent had any snow storms?? We had one little covering topping out at 4" while last year I think they said we had nearly 60" by this time! Dont get me wrong I had to go to work late numerous times and missed 2 or 3 days last year, I definetely do not miss that but a little snow would be nice. With this kind of winter I am glad I didnt dump 800 on the SS I was contemplating........

Anyone think I am nuts wanting snow?

TORO 826OXE
Replies: 16 - 25 of 61Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Steve_Cebu

Re: Where is the snow??
Reply #16   Feb 13, 2012 2:25 am
royster wrote:
The Storm in Fredericton was only 15-20 cm, drifted some , but was about 8 inches in most of the driveway. then it turned  very cold this morning  -20 C

The end of driveway was about 2 feet deep , the plow had gone by twice in the night, but with hydrostatic drive, my Husqvarna  , 27 inch, B&S   14.5.   went through it easily., not even changing engine speed or sound

throwing snow 50-60 feet high and with the wind , the snow was travelling   100 ft or more  in distance

Then I noticed my neighbour with his  new 26  inch Toro was having problems with his  joystick chute control, seemed frozen , couldn't move the stick.

So I did his driveway and parking lot before putting my blower  in the garage.

Quite often on new Toro's the cables can be adjusted incorrectly by the dealer. Once they are adjusted he should be fine. Mine wasn't adjusted all that well when it first arrived so I went over it and it worked fine after that. Often the cables are set too loose and the joystick won't work. It's an easy fix.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
aa335

Reply #17   Feb 13, 2012 12:25 pm
royster wrote:

Then I noticed my neighbour with his  new 26  inch Toro was having problems with his  joystick chute control, seemed frozen , couldn't move the stick.

So I did his driveway and parking lot before putting my blower  in the garage.

Good move to clear his property with your functioning machine.  Way too cold to be fiddling around fixing a chute.
Stainless

Reply #18   Feb 13, 2012 1:12 pm
I built a house, moved in and bought my first snowblower, 30" dual stage, last year.  All I can say so far is that 1/2" of snow is no match for it.  It tears that $hit up.
RedOctobyr

Reply #19   Feb 13, 2012 1:21 pm
LOL I'm glad you didn't whimp out and get a 28" or something. Or it would have been brought to its knees by that apocalyptic snow event.
aa335

Reply #20   Feb 13, 2012 1:49 pm
1/2 inch? That's a blizzard 

Did you have to go out three times?
This message was modified Feb 13, 2012 by aa335
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Reply #21   Feb 13, 2012 3:46 pm
Maybe, just maybe, Old Man Winter will have some surprises for us yet.

blomberg91

Reply #22   Feb 14, 2012 6:21 pm
You guys can fly up here and give me a hand in Alaska. Talkeetna has had somewhere between 8-10 feet so far, with 3 snow filled months left. Just picked up a snowblower to back up my old school Craftsman in case anything goes on her. On the great side, the snowmachining is top notch.
aa335

Reply #23   Feb 15, 2012 10:19 am
That's way too much in Alaska and people are probably getting tired of being bombarded with snow.  I'm sure a lot of ski resorts wouldn't mind taking a share of your snow. Business is tough for plow guys in some areas too.  It would suck if they had just invested $8000 in a new plow and no cash coming in.  And for us with snowblowers, we're just chomping to bits for some action.  If there was some way to shift the jetstream a little bit south, but we shouldn't really mess with old man winter, or is that mother nature?  Who's in charge of the snow??? 
This message was modified Feb 15, 2012 by aa335
stresst

Reply #24   Feb 16, 2012 9:15 pm
aa335 wrote:
1/2 inch? That's a blizzard 

Did you have to go out three times?

Three times, then called had to rent a Bobcat! lol

TORO 826OXE
stresst

Reply #25   Feb 16, 2012 9:19 pm
aa335 wrote:
That's way too much in Alaska and people are probably getting tired of being bombarded with snow.  I'm sure a lot of ski resorts wouldn't mind taking a share of your snow. Business is tough for plow guys in some areas too.  It would suck if they had just invested $8000 in a new plow and no cash coming in.  And for us with snowblowers, we're just chomping to bits for some action.  If there was some way to shift the jetstream a little bit south, but we shouldn't really mess with old man winter, or is that mother nature?  Who's in charge of the snow??? 

When you find out let me know, I have a bill for the 300lbs of calcium chloride I bought which is sitting collecting dust!

TORO 826OXE
Replies: 16 - 25 of 61Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42