Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Single stage with metal augers?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
RedOctobyr

Single stage with metal augers?
Original Message   Feb 4, 2012 7:34 pm
Saw a Craigslist ad today for a 21" MTD 2-stroke blower. As best I can tell it's a single stage. Small wheels with no tread, and what looks like a guard for a belt going to the augers, on the left of the machine. What I thought was interesting was that the picture appears to show metal augers, as opposed to rubber paddles.

I didn't realize there were SS machines with metal augers, vs rubber. It presumably wouldn't be able to pull itself forward very well, since I don't think you'd want those hitting the ground. Sorry if this is actually a very small 2-stage and I'm being misled by the pictures.

I just thought this was interesting, since I hadn't seen something like this before.

http://nh.craigslist.org/grd/2833628683.html

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
carlb

Re: Single stage with metal augers?
Reply #1   Feb 4, 2012 9:05 pm
it is a single stage and it should have rubber strips attached to the metal auger.  If you look closely I think you can see some of the rubber.  I had one like this many years ago It was a 3.5hp 21"
RedOctobyr

Reply #2   Feb 4, 2012 9:45 pm
You're probably right. In the first picture, I assumed that the dark edges of the augers were where the paint had worn away, and gotten rusty. But in the second picture, from the side, it does look more like a black band at the edges, which is probably the rubber. Sorry, nevermind
carlb

Reply #3   Feb 5, 2012 8:09 am
The little 3.5hp engine on mine blew up after a couple of years.  I don't remember what make the engine was.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42