Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Picked up a new to me Toro 2450 today.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jrtrebor

Picked up a new to me Toro 2450 today.
Original Message   Feb 1, 2012 10:53 pm
All the posts about 5 hp SS lately thought I'd add another.  Picked this up at an online auction today.  Toro CCR2450 GTS.  Not in to bad a shape for $23.00
Missing the handle to turn the chute, but I have one off another parts machine.  Muffler was not even connected (stated that in the auction description) to the block
both screws backed out and they had run it like that awhile.  Ran them back in with a little blue Loctite, good to go.
Before I bolted it back on took a couple of shots of the piston, rings and cyl. walls.  All looked pretty good.

Got good spark.  Compression almost 90 first pull, 95 second pull, 105 third pull.
Wanted to see if it would run before I went any further.  Gave it a shot of stating fluid started on second pull, then died.
Good enough, of came the poly carb.  Little water in bowl but no other dirt (kind of hard to tell with all the carb parts being black)
Carb. back together and on engine.  Decided to drain the tank to check for water.  Well... I found some.
Flushed out the tank.  Fresh gas, started on the first pull.  I think I have another keeper and my CCR 2000 is going on CL.
Had to do a little work on the steel pan that the cutting edge bolts to.  Looked like someone had been banging the
blower into the edge of a manhole cover the way it was bent back in the center.  Also need to weld one of the handle
bracket back on.  Those are a weak spot the pan steel and bracket aren't very heavy steel.
May try and devise some type of chute rotator and deflector handle.  Or a combination of both.
Alll the snow has melted here and none in the forecast for the next 5 days.
Just temps in the upper 30s to mid 40s.  This is supposed to be winter time.

This message was modified Feb 1, 2012 by jrtrebor
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42