Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens ST27LE snowblower hub rust

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
njbenz79

Ariens ST27LE snowblower hub rust
Original Message   Dec 6, 2010 8:27 pm
Hi,

I have an Ariens ST27LE that I bought brand new last year and noticed this weekend after using the machine that the hub was throwing rust all over the wheel and tire.  Is this normal?  It is only on the right hand side.  The other side is very clean.  I also noticed that the wheel with the rust had some grease that had splattered on the rim so I wonder if a seal is bad.  Please let me know if this is a matter that should be address right away since my local Ariens dealer is a month out for repairs and I don't want to part with it  for that long since snow is on its way here for the weekend.

outer wheel

Inner rusty wheel

other side is all nice and clean

inside wheel

This message was modified Dec 6, 2010 by njbenz79
Replies: 18 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
scopes01

Re: Ariens ST27LE snowblower hub rust
Reply #18   Feb 1, 2012 7:12 pm
Hi Njbenz79

The reason that you see a lot of rust coming out of your axles is because the Anti-Seize coating from the factory is totally washed out. Ariens puts a coat of Anti-Seize grey paste on its axles and on,under and around the keyway before slipping the wheels back on. Every season you should remove your wheels and do this to prevent your axles from seizing with the wheel hub and of course rusting out. Go buy this Anti-Seize at any Auto Parts store. Hope this helps!...By the way, apply some in front of the wheel clip and axles too...Perhaps, you should try removing the rust first before applying the Anti Seize paste....Good luck!

This message was modified Feb 1, 2012 by scopes01
Replies: 18 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42