Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Problems with New Ariens Professional 28 ST28DLE (926038) Quick-Turn Chute system.....

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
scopes01

Problems with New Ariens Professional 28 ST28DLE (926038) Quick-Turn Chute system.....
Original Message   Jan 28, 2012 10:22 am
Hi guys...I recently purchased a new Ariens Professional  28 snowblower model ST28DLE (926038). This machine is a real work horse and built like a tank. So far so good with the machine. The new 420 cc Briggs & Stratton engine is very smooth and works real fine. However, the quick turn chute system is starting to become really annoying for me. It moves on its own while blowing snow..especially when its heavy and wet...I have the service manual and tried to adjust it the best way I can...however, in my opinion the complete design is weak. The concept of the design is efficient, but unfortunately the adjustments available are very limited. I am considering buying the Ariens Deluxe crank chute system and replacing it with it. Or perhaps, if there is an update kit available from Ariens that I can use that can work too. The main problem in my opinion, is that the locking arm and the round receiving square teeth gear has too much backlash. Therefore, making this chute very flimsy and easy to unlock while in action. I have tried adjusting it by giving it more tension, but then the locking arm starts touching the gear and doesn't turn freely as it should. Also below there is a kit that is available from Ariens...but I am not quite sure if this upgrade will improve it's performance. Attached below is a picture of the kit. Any sugestions would be very much appreciated...thank you!

This message was modified Jan 28, 2012 by scopes01
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42