Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro CCR 3650 Carburetor Replacement

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Summerwinds

Simplicity 924i, Toro 3650

Toro CCR 3650 Carburetor Replacement
Original Message   Jan 12, 2012 9:46 pm
Has anyone replaced a carburetor on a Toro CCR 3650 single stage snowblower? If so, is this a complicated procedure? What should I expect to pay for a new or rebuilt carburetor?

Thanks for your advice!

Replies: 8 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
borat

Re: Toro CCR 3650 Carburetor Replacement
Reply #8   Jan 19, 2012 5:50 pm
Removal, rebuild and replacing a carb is a piece of cake.   Just remember how the linkage and fuel lines hook up.  Other than that it's a couple of screws/nuts to get it off,  and usually four screws to remove the float bowl.  A jet or two to remove with a proper size flat screw driver.  Kits are cheap but I seldom ever use them.   More often than not, I can get a carb running perfectly just with a good cleaning.

As far as Toros being loud, I have to agree.  For a change, I didn't use the old Craftsman SS machine today and pulled out the 221QE.  It is very loud.  I think it has a lot to do with the large, hard plastic body around the engine.  It's quite a bit louder than the old Craftsman and MTD.    As far as replacement engines for the older Toros, I'd certainly look at putting in a Tecumseh two cycle engine.  They're fantastic little engines capable of some serious power if cranked up.
Replies: 8 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42