Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Any new snowblowers out for 2012

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
stresst

Any new snowblowers out for 2012
Original Message   Sep 19, 2011 7:44 pm
Does anyone know of any new snowblowers out for 2012? Looking to trade in my Toro 826OXE for something with a larger motor. I am leaning toward a larger Toro but  I am open. Any suggestions?
This message was modified Sep 20, 2011 by stresst

TORO 826OXE
Replies: 77 - 86 of 92Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
redtaven

Re: Any new snowblowers out for 2012
Reply #77   Dec 23, 2011 6:41 pm
Well Home Depot came through and got the Toro 926 OXE delivered in under 7 days...unfortunately it rained all last night and when the ESTES trucking company came to make the 2nd to last delivery to me. I found the carton ripped in half along the top front middle and worse water dripping out from the bottom, that the carton coming apart at one corner seam and the entire top left side and bottom saturated with water. I asked to open the box and inspect but told I had to sign for it first...I refused.

I tried to get HD to help and all they can do is refund my order and told me that the Ariens 24 deluxe is discontinued and reason why they are not carrying it any longer. They believe a new unit will be replacing it next season...for those that care.

What to do now go back to the toro or just wait a season till word comes out on this new 265cc Loncin engine?
stresst

Reply #78   Dec 23, 2011 8:50 pm
redtaven wrote:
Well Home Depot came through and got the Toro 926 OXE delivered in under 7 days...unfortunately it rained all last night and when the ESTES trucking company came to make the 2nd to last delivery to me. I found the carton ripped in half along the top front middle and worse water dripping out from the bottom, that the carton coming apart at one corner seam and the entire top left side and bottom saturated with water. I asked to open the box and inspect but told I had to sign for it first...I refused.

I tried to get HD to help and all they can do is refund my order and told me that the Ariens 24 deluxe is discontinued and reason why they are not carrying it any longer. They believe a new unit will be replacing it next season...for those that care.

What to do now go back to the toro or just wait a season till word comes out on this new 265cc Loncin engine?

Wow, that sucks! Sorry to hear that, Could be worse you could have gotten 2 feet of snow instead of the rain and probably would have mad an implusive decision signing for it. Why not call snowblowersdirect?

TORO 826OXE
Steve_Cebu

Reply #79   Dec 24, 2011 5:16 am
You won't find out much next year about Loncin it takes a long time to get a track record and that's not going to help you.

Also once a place is out of a product there is nothing they can do. You were right to refuse the package if it was in that bad a condition.

If you really need a snowblower and can't buy from a local dealer then buy the Toro. You should have a local dealer that sells what you want.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
FrankMA

Reply #80   Dec 24, 2011 7:55 am
You could also pick up a used one off CL to hold you over til next year. CL is loaded with used snowblowers as nothing is moving because of the lack of snow. You could most likely resell it next year and breakeven - especially if you wait until the first snowfall.

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
redtaven

Reply #81   Dec 24, 2011 1:36 pm
FrankMA wrote:
You could also pick up a used one off CL to hold you over til next year. CL is loaded with used snowblowers as nothing is moving because of the lack of snow. You could most likely resell it next year and breakeven - especially if you wait until the first snowfall.
Sorry but not up on who or what CL is?

I am in the doghouse with wife and kids as I spent so much time on the snow blower and waited most of yesterday for delivery and had to cancel movies with family for yesterday...snow blower is a taboo word right now.

But thank you all for your ideas and information...Happy Holidays.
This message was modified Dec 24, 2011 by redtaven
Shryp

Reply #82   Dec 24, 2011 1:46 pm
redtaven wrote:

I am in the doghouse with wife and kids as I spent so much time on the snow blower and waited most of yesterday for delivery and had to cancel movies with family for yesterday...snow blower is a taboo word right now.

CL = craigslist.org
RedOctobyr

Reply #83   Dec 24, 2011 1:48 pm
CL = Craigslist

Don't get me wrong, I'd be nervous about what was waiting for you inside the box as well. And being unable to open it to inspect it first would be unnerving, who knows what condition it might be in. But there is something slightly ironic about concerns over the machine being wet, when it's meant to move snow, potentially during a blizzard

I feel for you for being in snowblower trouble. I have now probably spent more time working on my "new" ones from Craigslist than I will spend using them this winter. Or perhaps even more time than it would have taken to simply shovel :) Oh well, I kind of of enjoy working on them. And we're bound to get some snow eventually, so I can actually use them.
duke88

Reply #84   Dec 24, 2011 4:13 pm
redtaven wrote:

You might try Wise Equipment or Speedway Sales , I'm sure they have what you want.  Fast free shipping and no tax .
FrankMA

Reply #85   Dec 24, 2011 4:46 pm
redtaven wrote:

Sorry redtaven - I should not have assumed that you knew CL = Craigs List. I don't how comfortable you are buying used but there are a lot of snow blowers on there right now and many have been rotating around week after week. These sellers typically become more motivated (especially just before Christmas) to deal the longer their machines linger on CL. I've seen many decent sounding Ariens and Toro's (as well as many others) in the $300 - $400 range which would hold you over til next year if that's what you want to do. Again, you could most likely resell it next season and breakeven. Just a suggestion...

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
redtaven

Reply #86   Dec 25, 2011 4:43 pm
RedOctobyr wrote:
CL = Craigslist

Don't get me wrong, I'd be nervous about what was waiting for you inside the box as well. And being unable to open it to inspect it first would be unnerving, who knows what condition it might be in. But there is something slightly ironic about concerns over the machine being wet, when it's meant to move snow, potentially during a blizzard

I feel for you for being in snowblower trouble. I have now probably spent more time working on my "new" ones from Craigslist than I will spend using them this winter. Or perhaps even more time than it would have taken to simply shovel :) Oh well, I kind of of enjoy working on them. And we're bound to get some snow eventually, so I can actually use them.

Yes I agree I felt kind of wrong telling both the trucking supervisor and Home Depot that the box is wet. But I did make the point that it is one thing for me as the buyer to get it wet but another for it to be delivered as a "new" item already wet, be it the box or the machine was wet. I should have taken the chance and signed for it. But that is past, time to move on to sneaking in the snow blower I re-ordered later that day without the wife and kids knowing about it...lol
Replies: 77 - 86 of 92Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42