Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Have the Toro 1028 OXE. should I buy a single stage for slush/fluff?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
JoelKlein

I wonder how a 2021 snow blower will look like...

Have the Toro 1028 OXE. should I buy a single stage for slush/fluff?
Original Message   Dec 8, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi!
I got the big beast for the heavy snow. But we still get allot of 1t o 2-3 inches of slush.  I don't want to look like a fool making a racket with a big red 2 stage SB for such a joke’y snow…

Nobody is coming out with a shovel, because it’s not heavy enough, and they let the children shovel it. But the fact is, the kids are not always shoveling, and if they do, they don’t clean it well, they sort of play with shovel.  I don’t have the time. I come home after a day of work; I want to see that snow “away” a.s.a.p. And after a day the remaining snow turn into sleet/ice/black ice.

Also, even when we do get an overnight snow with 10+ inches, I have these couple long steps, which makes hard to use the big 2 stage. My driveway and walk path till the steps is flat and paved and I can use the 2 stage with ease.

So I have two reasons why I started thinking of getting a SS.

1)      To clear the steps

2)      To clear the so called “joke” snow

If I decide to buy a SS, should I buy the 1800 Power Curve (38381)? Will that do a job enough compared to the Toro 418 gas?

or should  I get The Power Shovel (38361)?  is thet good enough and will do both task well?

Help me out guys…I need some suggestions.

We have a 6 car drive way and I have to walk 92 feet till the steps… extension cords should not be an issue.

Here is a picture of the long walk, and the steps.

The long steps and the normal house steps

This message was modified Dec 8, 2011 by JoelKlein

Toro 1028 OXE
Replies: 1 - 22 of 22View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 22 of 22View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42