Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Picked up a JD 1032D Tractor no bucket

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jrtrebor

Picked up a JD 1032D Tractor no bucket
Original Message   Dec 4, 2011 8:34 pm

Found this on Craigslist, couldn't resist ($95.00)
Ten Hp electric start, 3A lighting coil, runs good.  This tractor is exactly the same as my Ariens 1332.
Only the dash and control knobs are different.
All the components are in great condition.  Have no idea what happened to the blower housing.
May look around for a Ariens or JD housing for it.   Or mount the plow set up I made
to mount on an Ariens. 
Or sell the engine, starter, dash and control knobs.  Then keep the rest for spare parts for my blower.
Ran across a Honda 621 for $150.00 he says the augers have a slight bend and it vibrates a little, but works fine.
May take a look and see how bad the augers are.  $150.00 would be a good price if he isn't missing a piece of the auger.
I saw the ad for the Yamaha for $600.00 Grand Rapids is only about 28 miles from me.  But $600.00 is a little out
of my price range at the moment.  I'd also be afraid that parts could be hard to get and expensive.
Anyone know?

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
trouts2

Re: Picked up a JD 1032D Tractor no bucket
Reply #1   Dec 4, 2011 10:01 pm

>>>This tractor is exactly the same as my Ariens 1332.
   Surprised by that.

$600 is not so high for that machine if it’s really as good as the picture looks and the engine has had little use.  It would probably scooped up by someone who knows about Yamahas.  It takes a while to sell one but the faithful are always lurking.

It’s the oldest of the 624 US sold models that I know of as indicated by the gas tank.  I generally stay away from those because they are the oldest but I have never come across an old style in such nice condition. The sweetener here or at least for me would be it could have an outstanding engine which is as far apart from a Tecumseh as a Ford is to a Ferrari.

A guy called me a couple of times about Yamahas and itching to get one.  He ended up driving from Boston to west of NYC to pickup an 828 track for 600 which was no where near as nice as the one posted.   He was ecstatic about finally getting one.

>>>I'd also be afraid that parts could be hard to get and expensive.

Mostly not that expensive for most repair parts sometimes cheaper than for an Ariens.  BUT some things are off the map, starter for 800.

Just about everything is available from boats.net.  You could scan through a parts breakdown and see just what type of things are available and what isn’t.  Most parts are available.  A few times something listed as not available from boats.net was found at another site.  That’s rare though. 

What boats does not stock they can get from Japan in 5-8 days and that happens often for the less than common wear parts.  But that happens just as often for Honda parts.

If you go to boats click on Yamaha on the left, then snowblowers in the middle, then click all years.  Pick out a YS624T or YS624WW from higher up on the list and check the drawing for having the same gas tank as the one posted.  You can then go to the drawings and select any part.  On that page at the bottom will be a where used of that part and for most they will show in many later snowblower models as they did not change much over the years.  Many parts will show in other OPE.  It will give you some confidence that parts (most) are very available.

Bottom line:

6 is not so bad and it would sell around here, Boston.  I’m thinking of selling my 624T for 6 but it’s got new rings and a valve job which came out very well, peaked compression.  It sounds like a terror and very aggressive compared even to other Yamahas I’ve had that had good compression.

You can fix up a machine so 6 would be burning cash.  You could hold out for an 828 to come by at a much lower price and make it whole.   My last two 828’s were gotten for $150 each but it took a year of waiting.

blumonster

Reply #2   Dec 4, 2011 10:22 pm
There is a few brand new Honda augers for HS621 for 260 dollars.That includes the installed paddles.
jrtrebor

Reply #3   Dec 4, 2011 10:30 pm
trouts2 wrote:

>>>This tractor is exactly the same as my Ariens 1332.
   Surprised by that.

You can fix up a machine so 6 would be burning cash.  You could hold out for an 828 to come by at a much lower price and make it whole.   My last two 828’s were gotten for $150 each but it took a year of waiting.

Not really surprised.  I knew it was going to be the same.  Just more pleasantly surprised at the condition of all the parts and components.  All the zinc coated parts (I guess it's zinc)
are still shiny.  There are a lot more black power coated parts than my old tractor has.  If it was Oct. I would paint the tractor orange and put my blower and handles on it. 
Thanks for the info on the Yamaha.  I've bought parts from boat.net they are pretty good to deal with.  Yea, 6 would be to much for me.  It's not really a fixer upper.
Now an 828 for $150.00, that would be a different story. 
aa335

Reply #4   Dec 5, 2011 9:45 am
blumonster wrote:
There is a few brand new Honda augers for HS621 for 260 dollars.That includes the installed paddles.

That's not too bad considering that it also comes with all new fasteners and the paddles.  That may come to about $130 for the metal auger by itself.
Stainless

Reply #5   Dec 5, 2011 11:50 am
Is it a tractor or a snowblower?
RedOctobyr

Reply #6   Dec 5, 2011 12:52 pm
I think he means the tractor half of the snowblower. The half with the engine & transmission.
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42