Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Simplicity Snowthrower Electrical Problems

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jeffro173

Simplicity Snowthrower Electrical Problems
Original Message   Nov 17, 2011 3:57 pm
I'm not real handy with small engines so please bear with me. I have a 4 year old Simplicity Pro Snowthrower (model 1524). The electric chute, headlight, and handgrip warmers all quit working at the same time. I have checked all of the wire connections and they are all secure. Is there something else I should be checking? I don't see a fuse.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
borat

Re: Simplicity Snowthrower Electrical Problems
Reply #1   Nov 17, 2011 4:21 pm
Use a volt meter to see if you have juice coming from the leads out of the engine.  Should be a couple of connectors that you can pull off.  Get back to us with your findings.
carlb

Reply #2   Nov 17, 2011 4:25 pm
You may have a fuse in line which is blown.   I am not famillier with this snow blower so as was previously posted, follow the wires as they exit behind the recoil starter cover and see where they go.  You may find an inline fuse under one of the covers.  If you probe the leads coming out from the recoil starter cover and don't get any voltage then you charging coil is probably bad.
jeffro173

Reply #3   Nov 17, 2011 5:28 pm
Thanks. I'll need to acquire or borrow a tester. Will post results.
jeffro173

Reply #4   Nov 17, 2011 5:38 pm
I couldn't find a fuse. Also just found the parts list for the motor on the Briggs and Stratton web site and no fuse listed.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42