Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Craftsman issues

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
stresst

Craftsman issues
Original Message   Nov 14, 2011 10:22 pm
I dropped my neighbors blower off at the dealer last week and they finally called today with an estimate. First off they want 105.00 to install chains on the snow blower! WTF? Are the platinum?

Secondly the "drive rod" is popped out of the bracket and is also chewed up. The "hub" mite be damaged as well but we will not know until the bracket and rod are back into place. Also someting wrong with the chute that needs to be reworked as well did I mention the skid shoes are totally worn!

435.00 plus tax! WTF!

TORO 826OXE
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
bus708

Re: Craftsman issues
Reply #1   Nov 17, 2011 4:29 pm
They just wanted to sell you another blower.  You think that is crazy, I tried to get my car through emissions. It had 3 codes. The dealer wanted to charge me $4500 to fix it. saying i need a new converter 4 oxygen sensors, my intake remove and cleaned ect.The car is only worth $400. I got a can of BMG injector cleaner $20- and replaced 1 oxygen sensor and was good to go.
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Re: Craftsman issues
Reply #2   Nov 17, 2011 5:00 pm
You would never need 4 oxygen sensors replaced at the same time.  One or maybe two at most, but it is a great way for the repair people to make extra money.

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42