Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro snow commander

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
stresst

Toro snow commander
Original Message   Nov 8, 2011 6:52 pm
What is a Toro snow commander? Any good? What is one worth in great condition?

TORO 826OXE
Replies: 7 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
blumonster

Re: Toro snow commander
Reply #7   Nov 11, 2011 9:02 pm
MN_Runner wrote:
It would be interesting to see if this guy from MSP area can sell it for $400.  This Honda blower was on craigslist last year but no one bought it because he was asking way too much ($450).  A new HS520 is barely over $600 and comes with a nice warranty.  It is obvious he does not like GC160 engine on HS520.

Do you think he is a member of this board? I think it is very likely... I wonder who.
MN_Runner

Re: Toro snow commander
Reply #8   Nov 11, 2011 10:12 pm
I agree.  The main reason for not buying a HS621 is its age. I already have a nice and one year old 2-stage Honda so I don't need another powerful blower.  I don't care for buying an used one since it is really hard to know what the previous owners did (it is very rare that you find an original owner selling HS621).  Sometime 1-2 year HS520 is not that much cheaper so why buy an used one with worned out peddles and scraper when you can buy a new one HS520 for $100-$150 more.  I get the GC vs. GX but for a simpleton like me I am not going to notice any difference. The only reason why I replaced my 10 year old Honda lawnmower because I hit a tree stump.  I had no issue with the GC160 engine and was trouble free until I hit the stump.  It started and ran fine except for really heavy vibration. My new Honda mower has a GC engine and I expect that it will last for 10-15 years without any issues. 
Replies: 7 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42