Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Deere 826 ID and low tossing distance.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
trouts2

Deere 826 ID and low tossing distance.
Original Message   Jan 17, 2011 11:47 am
   Picked up a Deere 826 yesterday.  The thing crapped out during the last storm with a brunt belt and the guy hurt is back shoveling so it got the boot. 

Nice old buzzard rig but I can't find anything on it at the Deere site.  Anyone know where I can an exploded view?  I tried the usual places that have them and nothing on this one.   It's ID plate has P826J, 127489.  If I google P826J I get new models.  Nothing on the other number.

The thing works fine after a belt replacement but it only tosses 3 - 8 feet with lots of low splatter.  I tried a few different belt sizes and tensions, and even over tight to insure no slip.  I can't see any slip with the cover off.  It has good grab, no crud in the V's, no obstruction in the housing.  It does have quite a distance from the arms to the lining, 1/2 inch.  The impleller is a 4 blade 12 inch and it should toss fairly well, 15-25. 

Does anyone have this model and could tell me what it tosses like?  I can't see any problems so guess it's a design problem but at 3-8 feet hard to imagine they could make something that bad. 

The motor certainly is not the problem, a Briggs Intek Snow 11hp a couple of years old.  I can drive into any condition snow and toss the same distance without engine sag.  Very impressive.  Anyone have a URL to an exploded view on the engine?  I can find one so I assume it a special for some maker.  It's got a 3/4 shaft.  3BSXS 3422HT 275387.  I can't get anything found at the Briggs site.  Googling I get 275385 which is a 10hp but nothing for 275487.  There are lots of hits for 3BXSX 3422HT but no motor like this.

This message was modified Jan 17, 2011 by trouts2
Replies: 29 - 30 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
bashtonmcse

Re: Deere 826 ID and low tossing distance.
Reply #29   Nov 9, 2011 6:56 pm
I recently picked up an 826 from my Brother in Law.  I have the front end disassembled and have decided to implement some of the changes discussed in this thread.  I am going to purchase the auger kit.  I have already done minor repairs to the auger where it was bent, probably from stones.  I would like to look for a replacement pulley that is either a 2.5/3 or even a 2.5/3.5.  Can anyone tell me the best way to find such an item.  My experience in the past is that to get a part you really need a part number.   I have picked up a couple of the auger bearings from JD and noticed they have changed a little.  They are a little longer now and have a grease seal on them.  maybe they will last a little longer.
Shryp

Re: Deere 826 ID and low tossing distance.
Reply #30   Nov 9, 2011 8:32 pm
I would say have a look here or a local Tractor Supply Company.
http://www.mfgsupply.com/mower/mowerpull.html

http://www.tractorsupply.com/
Replies: 29 - 30 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42