Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Help with new Ariens snow blower gear case

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
zavdavpam

Help with new Ariens snow blower gear case
Original Message   Nov 5, 2011 11:53 pm
Just picked up my new Deluxe 30 blower.  Like the manual said to, I checked fluid levels before trying to start it.  The manual clearly states to not overtighten the gear case fill screw so I used a torque wrench to get it right.  Well, me or the wrench "screwed" up and I stripped the thread.  I removed the cover to the gear case (which the manual advised against) to see if I could see and remove any shavings that fell into the case.  I couldn't  see any but it's likely that some got in and I are just too hard to see.  I have two questions:

1. The manual states that if the thread is stripped then the warranty is voided.  Is it just the warranty for that part?  If I install a new cover how would they even know?

2. If there are any shavings that did get in, they are small and few.  Is that a problem for the gears?

Any help is appreciated.  Spending $1400 on a new machine and then messing it up about an hour later is not fun.

Dave

Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42