Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda commercial hrc216pda mower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
KNEEBITER

Honda commercial hrc216pda mower
Original Message   Nov 3, 2011 7:58 pm
Anyone have any experience with the Honda hrc216pda commercial push mower?  Got a neighbor moving to florida and he wants to sell it.  I have a friend in need of a mower and was thinking of picking it up for him. Just not sure if it is too heavy as a push mower or how it cuts.
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
MN_Runner

Re: Honda commercial hrc216pda mower
Reply #1   Nov 3, 2011 8:02 pm
No experience.  It has a GCV engine and not the preferred GX engine.  I have seen these at a Honda dealer but did not think it was worth the money.  If you can get it for cheap - it is a great buy.  It has a steel deck so they are a little heavy but not too bad since no transmission.  What is he asking for? 
KNEEBITER

Reply #2   Nov 3, 2011 8:11 pm
he is looking around $300 which I think is high. a few years old with little use.
MN_Runner

Reply #3   Nov 3, 2011 8:17 pm
300 is not bad but if you can get it for $200 - i think it is a fair and worth buy.
KNEEBITER

Reply #4   Nov 3, 2011 8:21 pm
I myself have a couple of the Masters series Hondas and love them.  So when I noticed he was selling his Honda it caught my eye. Just wanted some feedback on this model before making the move. I know my buddy will be happy with any mower but I want to get him a good one. I will see what I get him down to.
aa335

Reply #5   Nov 5, 2011 4:28 pm
The HRC216PDA is too heavy to be without self propel,  doesn't matter how good of an engine they put on it or Honda stickers.  Your friend will hate you for it.  Unless he's training for the lawn mowing Olympic in the Himalayas.

A good push mower is the old Deere 14PZ with lightweight cast aluminum deck, comparable to the old Honda Master HC mowers, but cheaper.  Very reliable, bullet proof B&S engine, lightweight, and compact.  There are no blade brake clutch, self propel, electric start.
This message was modified Nov 5, 2011 by aa335
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42