Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 1028LXE - Craigslist find

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
coasteray

El Toro! 1028 LXE
Tecumseh 358cc
10hp

Toro 1028LXE - Craigslist find
Original Message   Oct 24, 2011 5:16 am
I lucked out Sunday, October 23 (my birthday) by landing a 2008 Toro 1028LXE (with Tecumseh L-Head, 10hp) for only $599.  It was almost brand new.  This retailed for $1799, just like the current 1028OXE with a Briggs 305cc.  The man at the farm said on the phone that he probably should have sold it for more but that he would honor his ad.  He didn't seem to mind.  I'd been debating between Ariens (like a Platinum 24) and the Toro 1028OXE.  In another thread, I mentioned that maybe something would turn up on Craigslist.  It did.  Now to see how well all those plastic parts hold up, like the steering triggers.  Plastic triggers with plastic hinges.  Small parts, so we'll see.  Plastic hand levers, and plastic chute controls.  Plastic control deck.  I do like the look of this blower and it's conveniences, but now I can actually play with it this winter and see how much I really like it, and test the robustness.  I had to slightly re-position the chute-lock lever cable that's under that plastic cover because the lock wasn't releasing from the gear quite enough.  It was hitting the gear as I swung the chute around.  Now fixed and works perfectly.

I still haven't ruled out an Ariens Platinum 24 at some point because it was my original intention, anyway, until this hot deal popped up.  Couldn't pass it up for that price.  Runs good, too. 

Anyone else been through a sudden change of direction like mine? 

El Toro! 1028 LXE - Tecumseh 358cc 10hp   Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
Replies: 1 - 39 of 39View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 39 of 39View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42