Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Can somebody please explain how the choke works on my Toro 418ZR?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Mr_Pacman

Can somebody please explain how the choke works on my Toro 418ZR?
Original Message   Oct 14, 2011 8:57 pm
Ok, I got the new 418ZR setup this evening......putting in the oil and gas was easy.

I followed all the directions in the manual on the start procedure:

I put the red key in the ignition slot
I moved the little choke lever to the right
I pushed the primer twice, holding in the button for 1 second each time

I pulled the recoil starter, and nothing happened. I pulled it another 20 times.......still nothing.

I then moved the choke lever all the way to the left, and it pulled in one start.

According to the manual, the choke lever is supposed to be towards the right to start it, not the left position (closed).

Any thoughts on why this is happening?  Is it because it's still fairly warm outside (10* C / 50* F)?

I'm hoping I dont have a defective unit, as it's going to be a hassle to drain all the fluids and take it back to HD

Thanks
James
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42