Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Well It's time for new projects and modifications.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jrtrebor

Well It's time for new projects and modifications.
Original Message   Oct 4, 2011 10:52 pm
Though you all might like to the see the Toro SS blower rack I made for transporting it around.  Project # 1
(Hope I can remember how to post photos)
This unit also holds my Toro CR20E blower with the use of an extra bungee cord. Hooked around the
existing handle on the red strap. And then onto the lower lift handle on the CR20E.

The wheels get captured so it can't move up or down or backwards.
The latch for locking down the tilting bed was made from a commercial spring loaded hinge.
The hinge places a pin through  the angle iron frame. And a piece of flat steel also slides over the
top of the angle iron frame. Both pieces keep the frame from tilting. Pushing down on the
yellow lever pulls both pieces away and the bed can tilt.

The strap holds the front of the blower down and also keeps the fold up gate tight against the front of
the blower so it can't move forward.  Drilled a hole through the front of the blower and used a 3/8"
bolt with a fender washer on the back to create a pin to put the strap on.

It's actually much easier than I thought it might be to pull the blower up the ramp.

This message was modified Oct 4, 2011 by jrtrebor
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
aa335

Re: Well It's time for new projects and modifications.
Reply #1   Oct 4, 2011 11:01 pm
It's always enjoyable to see the projects you're working on.  Keep it coming. 
stresst

Reply #2   Oct 5, 2011 8:22 pm
Please dont take this the wrong way as that is an extremely well engineered rack but WTF??

What does that blower weigh 40lbs? Why not throw it in the back of your jeep? I can see it if it were a heavy two stage unit!

Anyway great rack! Some piece of enginuity!

TORO 826OXE
jrtrebor

Reply #3   Oct 6, 2011 8:49 am
stresst - LOL, No offense taken. Actually those blowers weight pretty close to 75 lbs.  I move it around quite a bit
and it won't fit in my jeep.  Even if it did, opening up the gate in the middle of a snow storm and loading the snow covered
blower in the back would make a huge mess if you know what I mean.
And I'm getting older and maybe a little lazy.  So I'm always looking for ways to decrease the amount of dead lifting
I have to do. Saves my back.
Thanks for your comments!
longboat

Reply #4   Oct 6, 2011 10:02 am
You should show your rig to the guys at a nearby farm/feed store, a farm equipment supplier, or maybe even Tractor Supply.  They may want you to make more of those, and you/they can start selling them - may be a good niche market there.  If you have a farm equipment manufacturer nearby, they could do the manufacturing and you could get some royalties.  Here in the midwest, that is how a lot of small business farm operations start up.  A lot of the equipment available locally was dreamed up by local guys to fill a need that wasn't readily available.
aa335

Reply #5   Oct 6, 2011 10:06 am
stresst wrote:
Please dont take this the wrong way as that is an extremely well engineered rack but WTF??

That was my initial reaction too, but after thinking about putting a wet snowblower inside the Jeep, folding the handles, it just makes sense.  I like it!

I think it should be equipped with a hydraulic lift, winch, and remote control.  LOL .  Maybe some LED lights and a removeable cover too. 
This message was modified Oct 6, 2011 by aa335
trouts2

Reply #6   Oct 6, 2011 10:33 am
jrtrebor,

Very nice. 

When I do my projects your snowblower rebuild pictures always come to mind and give me a push to try and do a bit better.

Nice touch on the round stock belt protector.

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42