Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Belt. Has Anytone Tried This On An Old 1974

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
smeltjr

Ariens Belt. Has Anytone Tried This On An Old 1974
Original Message   Sep 29, 2011 7:53 pm
Ariens 910019 Tec H60 and the belt is spec'd at 3/8 x 35.5 OEM #72047 -  So I have since found out. I purchased a Stens off a reputable site supplier and there were two choices but neither listed the measurements. The one I ordered is actually 3/8 x 36" Stens # 238-036. States it is also a replacement for that OEM.

Found perusing the web on this question:

"What he said but I'll add that Stens also says you can use a 3/8 x 36. Since Ariens owns Stens I would assume that this info is correct."

Anyone tried or used a 36" belt??? Or should I just return it or eat the $13 and get the right one and be safe? Thnx.

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
trouts2

Re: Ariens Belt. Has Anytone Tried This On An Old 1974
Reply #1   Oct 3, 2011 10:44 am
  There should be enough adjustment in the belt tensioner to deal with the 1/2 inch extra.  The 36 should be ok.

The local hardware stores around here have ope belts and if you have a problem with fit will exchange them or take them back.

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42