Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Light Kit For Snowthrower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Icepower

Light Kit For Snowthrower
Original Message   Sep 16, 2011 2:10 pm
HI folks:
last year I bought a Craftsman 26" 208cc Two-stage Snow Thrower w/ EZ Steer (Model 88691).. Last year we had a lot of snow in my neck of the woods and the machine worked great. But now i am having second thoughts. I think I should have researched more before buying. For those of you in the know when I purchased the machine the sales person stated that the manufacturer of the Snow Thrower purchased a company that made motors, and that the machine was fully integrated. In my opinion I don't care who integrated what. What I am interested in is durability. In retrospect there are things missing on this unit like drift cutters (What are these used for anyway?) and a light. My initial research informs me that the drift cutters I can easily buy and install. This I will do. But the Light? What about the light? Is there a rugged light kit I can buy and attach to my machine? If so how would I attach the electrical? There is no battery with this machine, so could I make something work? Another question I have regards the oil selection. I have been under the impression that a single cylinder engine requires straight 30 weight oil, but the sales person explained a 5/30 makes for easier cold weather starts. So what do you think? My plan is to drain the 5/30 and refill with straight 30. Am I right about this?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42