Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Difficult to swap-out hi-altitude carb jet in Honda motor?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
epremack

Difficult to swap-out hi-altitude carb jet in Honda motor?
Original Message   Aug 9, 2011 11:27 am
I just bought a pressure washer powered by a Honda GCV190 motor.  I bought it at sea level, but recently brought it to 6,200 feet altitude.  It seems to run well at 6,200 feet, but I wonder if I'm either damaging the engine or running the risk of fouling it?

Honda makes a couple of inexpensive (<$10) substitute carburetor jets for higher altitude.  The manual says to bring the unit to a Honda dealer to substitute the alternate carburetor jet. 

I'm wondering if (1) I should bother with switching the jet and, if "yes," (2) whether it's an easy switch that I could perform without hauling the unit back and forth to the dealer?

I'm mechanically inclined and have good tools, but have never done anything beyond minor services (e.g., changing/gap-ing the plug, changing oil, and changing/cleaning air filters) on small engines.  Does anyone have experience making this switch?

Thanks.  
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42