Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Features SnowBlowers Should Have

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
SnowRemover

Toro 828LXE

Features SnowBlowers Should Have
Original Message   Feb 1, 2005 4:08 pm
I've only had the opportunity to use my snowblower twice, but here are features I already miss.

• Coffee Mug Holder
    I bought a two-stage snow blower, so I can go in a straight line and walk behind it, but I have to hold my coffee. 

• 7" LCD TV w/Headphones
    Sometimes you HAVE to go out and blow because you have to drive somewhere.  I already missed the morning news once, what will I miss next, a re-run of ALF.

• Laser Guidance
    You've seen those laser levelers to make sure you go in a straght line when hanging pictures on the wall.  Why the hell don't we have one of those on our snow blowers.

• Snow Ball Attachment
    Sure we can shoot snow 50 feet in the air, but why can't they make the snow pass out in little snow $#%*.  The kids would love it and you'd never lose a snow ball fight.

• Automatic Mode
    You've all seen those little vacuum cleaners that just keep going around the living room until its all vacuumed up.  Why not on our snow blowers - turn it on and check on it after an hour.  Sure you'll waste a little extra gas, but give that sucker enough time, and the whole neighborhood will be cleared.

• Remote Start
    Our cars have it, so they can get warmed up, but not our snow blowers.  Start it up while inside the house and come out 10 minutes later when the engine is nice and warm.

• Small Pet Detector
    How many times has a small cat or dog been caught in the augers.  We put little sensors on the back of our minivans to see if a small child is behind it, but the thousands of small animals that get chewed up are neglected.  PETA will be on this soon!

• Blue-Ray headlights
    If you buy the BMW of snowblowers, why do you get a standard halogen bulb. Those super bright blue ones should be standard

These are just a few of my complaints.  I'm certain as time goes on I'll find a lot more.
--SnowRemover

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
--Friedrich Nietzsche
Replies: 26 - 35 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Re: Features SnowBlowers Should Have
Reply #26   Mar 2, 2005 9:21 am
My snowblower already has the most desired accessory I could want, a tractor attached so I can sit my fat butt down while blowing snow. A heated cab would be nice, though.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #27   Mar 2, 2005 10:49 am
How about a clear Gas tank and a "Mr. Funnell" already attached.

Maybe a infared, sonar thing to "see" buried newspapers, frozen squirrels, etc.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #28   Mar 2, 2005 10:52 am
Adjustable length handle bars since we are all not the same height.  Spin the wing nut, adjust, lock down, your done.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #29   Mar 2, 2005 12:17 pm
ChrisS wrote:
Adjustable length handle bars since we are all not the same height.  Spin the wing nut, adjust, lock down, your done.

C

Being vertically challenged myself, this sounds like a winner!
                                                                                                                              Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #30   Mar 4, 2005 9:48 pm
Vangellis wrote:
Being vertically challenged myself, this sounds like a winner!
                                                                                                                              Kevin

Yup, me too lol....

But the Honda bars are almost too short for me....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
18Degrees

Reply #31   Mar 6, 2005 1:53 pm
Dantheman wrote:
MAKE MY DREAM SNOWBLOWER OUT OF  STAINLESS STEEL LIKE A DE LOREAN....(BACK TO THE FUTURE)

would the flux capacitor be hort. or vert. mounted?

18 Degree driveway - 928 Honda track drive - Fertilizer spreader for dispensing salt
Garandman

Reply #32   Mar 17, 2005 7:30 am
Dantheman wrote:
MAKE MY DREAM SNOWBLOWER OUT OF  STAINLESS STEEL LIKE A DE LOREAN....(BACK TO THE FUTURE)

AND ADD TWIN .45 CALIBER MACHINE GUNS, ONE ON EITHER SIDE,  ALA JAMES BOND'S ASTON MARTIN...(IN CASE I SEE THE DEER HERD THAT EATS MY SHRUBS) 

DAN , DAN THE MAN 

Sir, .45 ACP is not very effective against deer. In some states it's not legal to hunt them with it.

You might consider a grenade launcher, it's easier to hit an area target on the move.

But now that you mention it, a meat grinder attachment might be useful to make that ground venison. ....

A funny story. a friend of mine moved to a Boston suburb.A new neighbor moved in, and on learning that this guy hunts deer (he's a fanatic, hunts bow, muzzle-loader, shotgun and rifle in three states - that doesn't mean he gets any, though) expressed concern that he would "shoot Bambi."

That was before he planted his vegetable garden. After the local deer had consumed every leaf in his garden (after jumping over the fence he put up) this neighbor came to my friend and said, "Can I pay you to shoot these d#d deer?" He was dismayed to learn that there was a two week season, and not anywhere near the neighborhood.

I'm glad the new blowers can shut off the augers instantly - that's a safety concern on my old Ariens. All I can do quickly is grab the spark plug wire.

Having larger, optional skids for gravel driveways would be helpful.
And if there is a coffee mug holder, it should be heated....
SnowRemover

Toro 828LXE

Reply #33   Mar 17, 2005 11:19 am
Garandman wrote:
But now that you mention it, a meat grinder attachment might be useful to make that ground venison.

I thought that's what the augers did! I hope I'm not using my unit incorrectly.

--SnowRemover

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
--Friedrich Nietzsche
Dantheman

Reply #34   Mar 17, 2005 11:53 am
Grandman,

While I admit that the .45 ACP is minimal for deer, I once did take a doe cleanly at 20 yds with one shot in the shoulder from a Colt 1917 revolver. I used a 250 gr. lead bullet in the .45 Auto Rim case travelling at around 700 or 750 fps. It was one of the cleanest kills I have ever made.

I did'nt think mounting  rifle cartridge size machineguns on a snowblower would be acceptable due to the size of the actions necessary to utilize a .308 size cartidge. I believe it would make the snowblower to unwieldly. And...while admitting that the .45ACP is a minimal (at best) cartridge for deer...multiple hits from twin machine guns would certainly drop them in their tracks. 

Dan, Dan the Man

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #35   Mar 17, 2005 12:06 pm
roflmao  
Replies: 26 - 35 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42