Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 2 cycle oil mix

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jstudenka

2 cycle oil mix
Original Message   May 4, 2011 1:25 pm
With the realyl high cost of 2cycle oli mix ($3.79qt then......$10.79qt now), is there any way to use regular motor oil such as 10w - 30w, 10w-40w and cut it with gas to obtain the right viscosity to be used in my 2 cycle equipment? I have a 100hp Mercury outboard and various power equipment tools that are all 2 cycle engines.......HELP!
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
borat

Re: 2 cycle oil mix
Reply #1   May 4, 2011 8:09 pm
Why are you paying such a ridiculous price for 2 cycle oil?   If you live in Canada, you can buy excellent 2T oil at CTC for less than $20.00 for a four liter jug.  In the U.S. good oil can be had for much less.   I buy CTC Motomaster brand by the gallon for approx. $19.00.   Great oil for a fair price. 

You can use automotive oil in a pinch but it's not recommended.    I hope you're not paying dealer prices for brand name oil.  That's an absolute rip off.
FullThrottle

Re: 2 cycle oil mix
Reply #2   May 4, 2011 11:35 pm
Dont use 4 stroke oil. 2 stroke is made to lube and burn clean. 4 stroke when it burns leaves behind all kinds of crap. You dont have to use the most expensive oil to be good enough. The cheapest stuff around will be more than good enough. You dont need the good stuff unless you have exhaust valves to keep them clean.There are only 4 mfg. that make the oil for everyone so any thing you get is almost the same til you get into the very top expensive oils
This message was modified May 4, 2011 by FullThrottle
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42