Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Anyone Have a Recoil start for an F series Lawn Boy Engine

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
borat

Anyone Have a Recoil start for an F series Lawn Boy Engine
Original Message   Apr 14, 2011 8:37 pm
I've managed to get two of the old Lawn Boys running.  The two with the D400 series engines run but I've only got one carb and reed plate between the two of them.  I'm not concerned about that because the machine without carb and reed plate will be kept on standby. 

What I do need is a recoil assembly for an '80s model 7050, serial no.  9384904 with steel deck and F series engine.   If you have one, or know of one on ebay or elsewhere, please let me know. 
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
trouts2

Re: Anyone Have a Recoil start for an F series Lawn Boy Engine
Reply #1   Apr 16, 2011 8:27 am
Partree.com lists:  MODELS 3050 AND 7050 MOWERS parts for the Lawn Boy 7050, Lawnmower, 1959 (SN 900000001-999999999)

Their spring is Lawn Boy 602610 Spring-Recoil for $113

Barret list that spring for $15.

http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/lawnboy/602610starterspring.html

The model and serial number match what you listed but not the D400.  They say the engine is a C-70.  Whatever.  It looks like early lawnboy springs are available.

borat

Reply #2   Apr 16, 2011 12:48 pm
Thanks for that trouts. 

I only paid $13.00 for the mower.  Not planning on paying that price for a recoil assembly.  Fortunately, I've got a line on a couple of used ones for a fraction of the cost.

Appreciate your assistance and taking the time to help nonetheless. 
niper99

Reply #3   Apr 16, 2011 8:42 pm
Borat.....l had 5 or 6 engines complete but unforantly l scraped them all last year, lve had them for around 10 years and l never use any parts for them so l was making more room for the new stuff. l got a unit in about a month ago but sold it for $30....although lm going to look at some mowers some guy is selling hes say has 10 lawnboys and 10 differnent mowers like briggs/tecumseh....hes ONLY asking 100 bucks for the lot, at that price l will make my money back on just the scrap metal alone... let alone the parts u get from the mowers. lm think l will keep at least one engine on the shelf for parts just in case.
borat

Reply #4   Apr 17, 2011 10:34 am
niper99 wrote:
Borat.....l had 5 or 6 engines complete but unforantly l scraped them all last year, lve had them for around 10 years and l never use any parts for them so l was making more room for the new stuff. l got a unit in about a month ago but sold it for $30....although lm going to look at some mowers some guy is selling hes say has 10 lawnboys and 10 differnent mowers like briggs/tecumseh....hes ONLY asking 100 bucks for the lot, at that price l will make my money back on just the scrap metal alone... let alone the parts u get from the mowers. lm think l will keep at least one engine on the shelf for parts just in case.

SCRAPPING LAWN BOYS!!!!

BLASPHEMY!
niper99

Reply #5   Apr 17, 2011 1:44 pm
LOL
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42