Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Single Stage Snow Blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Single Stage Snow Blower
Original Message   Apr 2, 2011 11:35 am
I hope this picture works

It is just a single stage,

I wonder how this design would work, scaled down to 30-36 inches?

This message was modified Apr 4, 2011 by royster

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
aa335

Re: Single Stage Snow Blower
Reply #1   Apr 2, 2011 8:18 pm
I've seen 36" single stage, but usually behind a powerful tractor.  They seem to consume lots of power.  Its kinda scary to see the business end of it though, everything spins so fast.  There's probably a lot vibrations too, not something comfortable to be walking behind.
royster

Reply #2   Apr 3, 2011 11:26 am
royster wrote:
I hope this picture works> 

It is just a single stage,

I wonder how this design would work, scaled down to 30-36 inches?

Did the picture appear?  It was a picture of one of those train  rotary blowers.

Shryp

Reply #3   Apr 3, 2011 11:48 am
I see no picture, but I have seen those train style rotary blowers as 20" walkbehinds.  There are a few videos on youtube of them.  I have not seen any videos of them in deep snow, but there was one in a little snow.  I am guessing they didn't work so well since they are no longer around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81uRoO6hRzE
FrankMA

Reply #4   Apr 3, 2011 2:28 pm
There was a youtube video of a guy who mounted 3 or 4 Toro CCR single stage snowthrowers on the front of his garden tractor and cleared his driveway. It worked pretty good too! Tried to find it so I could post a link but don't have the time to really look right now (company downstairs for dinner).

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
royster

Reply #5   Apr 3, 2011 6:17 pm
Shryp wrote:
I see no picture, but I have seen those train style rotary blowers as 20" walkbehinds.  There are a few videos on youtube of them.  I have not seen any videos of them in deep snow, but there was one in a little snow.  I am guessing they didn't work so well since they are no longer around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81uRoO6hRzE

Maybe I will try that picture again, but I suppose most people have seen pictures of those big train rotary snow blowers.

Thanks for the video of that  small .single stage rotary.    

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42