Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Chainsaw Looking to buy

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Adamj

Chainsaw Looking to buy
Original Message   Mar 17, 2011 6:52 pm
Hey there all, im looking to get a chainsaw just to do minor trimming around the house. I was looking at the Stihl Ms 170 are you able to tell me if this is good, or please just point me in the right direction of what to get.
Replies: 4 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
tkrotchko

Re: Chainsaw Looking to buy
Reply #4   Mar 20, 2011 8:30 am
I agree its almost a religious debate, but the one saw I like is my 14" echo, very easy to start after 15 years, and its so light that you would feel comfortable using it even if you were in a tree cutting branches. Have other echo equipment too; the hall mark of all of them is lightness for the function/power.
Santaclause

Reply #5   Mar 20, 2011 7:05 pm
I am very partial to huskys I have a Husqvarna 40 it is over 20 years old and runs like a top works good.. I think husky or stihl myself
borat

Reply #6   Mar 20, 2011 7:52 pm
Santaclause wrote:
I am very partial to huskys I have a Husqvarna 40 it is over 20 years old and runs like a top works good.. I think husky or stihl myself

Small 100 series saws labeled as Husqvarna are built by Poulan.  Compared to Echo saws in the same size range, they are much heavier and offer nothing in return for the weight. 

I own a couple large 1980s Jonsereds (same as Husqvarna other than colour) and an Echo CS346.   The Jonsereds cut big wood all day long but they're the last thing I'd want for cutting brush or limbing.   That's why I bought the little Echo.  Very light, plenty strong, easy starting and good running.  Mine has a 16" bar which is a bit long for the 33.4 ccs.  However, even with that size bar, in a pinch, it will cut big wood.  Not the most inexpensive saw but certainly worth the money.
Replies: 4 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42