Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > help with a Bolens snowblower restoration

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jgreen

help with a Bolens snowblower restoration
Original Message   Jan 31, 2005 12:26 pm
My friend  who is moving to CA has given me his snowblower.   It is a 1978 Bolens with 8 hp Tecumseh engine.  ( the engine was replaced in the early 90s). 

I havent  got the serial numbers or model numbers off it yet  ( it is currently stored in another friends garage.) .   but does anybody  know if parts are still avaiable for this unit. or an owners manaual?

My friend told me the motor was running when he stored it but it has not been run it  5 plus years !  .   He said he stopped using it because " the impeller was clanking around in the bucket housing !"   . what might be the cause of that   ????

The other things Ican see need attention are two flat tires . How do you fix those???    the box that covers the carb is not attached  .

and when I pulled the starter rope to see if the motor was siezed  the motor seemed to turn over but  the rope didnt retract.    any ideas on that. 

Do you think this one is worth saving ?     I had good luck restoring my  yardman   (whith help fom this group)   but in that case i just unstuck the motor and repaired some minor parts.

Providing  Ican get the motor running     I am guessing some sort of bearing is gone which is causing the impeller to clank around in the housing.   is this a hard repair??

Any  first thoughts from you guys/gals.   and we will go from there.

John
Scotts 21" self propelled  mower
MTD  4.5 HP single stage snow thrower
Snapper 3 HP single stage snow thrower
Yardman 5HP two stage snowblower
Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 11 of 11View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42