Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda vs Ariens snowblowers

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
hffej

Honda vs Ariens snowblowers
Original Message   Nov 12, 2005 3:20 am
I am looking to buy a 26" or28'"snowblower.  I am torn between the Honda HS928wa and the Ariens 28" Deluxe.  Also is the Ariens Pro model worth the difference? 
Replies: 8 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Re: Honda vs Ariens snowblowers
Reply #8   Mar 1, 2011 6:18 pm
sabesh wrote:
The new Sears/Craftsman and equivalent Husqvarna/Poulan models (All are AYP/Electrolux) have Hydrostatic transmissions AND Differential Lock-Out Traction Control.

Craftsman calls it:
Auto/Hydro trasmission
Power steering

Husqvarna calls it:
Differential lock-out
Infinite speed drive with ”Creeper” speed

Actually there are  really  no differentials used in the Husqvarna and the Husqvarna  built Craftsman snow blowers.     There is a solid , one piece axle that connects the wheels together, however on each end   of this axle, just before it goes into a wheel,  is a clutch   operated   by  individual trigger controls.  The  drive is true 2 wheel drive , except when a trigger is squeezed
which releases the power to that wheel  for turning either gradually or a zero turn.    As you say, Craftsman calles it power steering.   Husqvarna calls it differential lockout, even though there is no actual differential in the drive train.

THe hydrostatic transmission is built by Hydro Gear,  the largest manufacturer of hydrostatic transmissions and transaxles ,and is the same in the Husqvarna and the Husqvarna built Craftsman models 

This message was modified Mar 1, 2011 by royster

giocam

Reply #9   Mar 1, 2011 11:39 pm
That's ariens deluxe and honda is a weird two blowers to be torn between considering the Honda is in a whole nother price and performance class. Honda easily takes this matchup.
I would go with the honda over the ariens pro as well, without even batting an eye. Easy decision.
This message was modified Mar 1, 2011 by giocam
FrankMA

Reply #10   Mar 2, 2011 5:16 am
FWIW - This thread is over 5 years old.......Not sure if the OP is still in the decision mode???

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
giocam

Reply #11   Mar 2, 2011 8:57 am
I didn't look at the date of the op, I should have though because there has been a ton of ancient threads bumped here lately.
aa335

Reply #12   Mar 2, 2011 12:22 pm
One man's crusade to discuss ancient threads that has anything to do with Husqvarnia, hydrostatic, and Craftsman.
Replies: 8 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42