Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Belt Replacement Honda HS928 tracker

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Dr_Woof

Don't blow into the wind, and don't eat yellow snow. WOOF!

Belt Replacement Honda HS928 tracker
Original Message   Feb 4, 2011 3:53 pm
Anybody know about replacing the belts on a HS928 (track model)?  Is it necessary to take the auger and housing off or can it be done with just the belt cover off?  The manual isnt clear on how to do it - I probably wont have to for quite a while, but I dont want to be learnin how when its -30 in an unheated workshop  LOL.

Replies: 6 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
trouts2

Re: Belt Replacement Honda HS928 tracker
Reply #6   Feb 27, 2011 8:33 pm
revyman,

You seem to be a smart guy.  Can you go over in detail the advantages of the hydro and explain it's operation?   What are the bad points of a friction disk system?

MN_Runner

Reply #7   Feb 27, 2011 9:12 pm
revyman,

Give Canada a break - they don't need NJDavid-New_Yorker-royster.  Canada people are peace loving and happy snowblowing people.  Why don't you just give us a little break and post something that is real and non fictional.

Dr_Woof

Don't blow into the wind, and don't eat yellow snow. WOOF!

Reply #8   Feb 28, 2011 10:18 pm
revyman wrote:
Just did my son's this morning. He has my old '97 HS928. Yes you have to remove the bucket and as noted a couple of bolts are not easy to get to. Ratcheting 12mm box end does the trick with these nicely. Other than that it is a piece of cake. You'll want it up so your not on your knees and you'll want to be able to tip it back and support it for easy access to a few bolts. But it is typical Honda simplicity. (old door on sawhorses worked for me) Suggest you not leave it until one of the belts breaks. Getting new belts from honda was a serious major pain. i ended up calling all over British Columbia because even the "critical back order" through Honda Powerhouse was not going to arrive any time soon. I am about to come into possession of an extra set of belts. Given that my HS928 is brand new and my sons went 11 Revelstoke BC snow years (that's like 100 of anyone else's snow years) before needing belts - and your reading this 'cause you need some. drop me a line.

Thnks for the offer Revyman, but I must gratefully decline.  My query here was just for  future use.  The 928 is a new purchase so, short of a major disaster I wont be needig belts anytime soon.  Dealer here says he was em - hope that holds into the future.

Replies: 6 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42